Thanks for the comfort, frank

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
LOL, sigh, oh frank.

I was thinking back to a few weeks ago when my boyfriend and I got some really devastating news. I was of course a wreck crying and carrying on. Frank poked his little head up over the bed and was giving me the side eye. Then I hear him start growling, and barking! AT ME!! WHILE I'M CRYING!!

and this is coming from a dog who's probably barked about 3 times in his life.

Then I think, oh... in the 2 years I've had in him he's never seen me like this, he probably didn't know what the heck was going on. Which in turn made me laugh at his reaction, which ended up cheering me up and making me laugh!

How do your bullies react when you cry? Do you think they can sense when you are sad?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie can DEFINITELY sense when I am upset, she gets very emotional and goes and finds a spot to curl up in....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww Frank...

My bulldogs are sensitive like that, they seem to get upset if I'M upset... especially if I'm angry... Lol If I get angry at Willow for something and I start yelling at her, Walter will bark at me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Too sweet.... they sure do know when you need them most. My guys will just cuddle next to me or put their chin on my leg/foot... always makes me smile

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Cami's a retired breeder, very empathic. She usually will come & sit by me or
lay her head on me in silent solidarity. Occasionally, she will very softly, kiss
one of my eyes. She's not a licker or kisser so it's a special thing from her.

I think Frank was barking at your tears, they were hurting Momma & he didn't
like it!

I'm so sorry for devastating news & will pray for you & yours <3

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Dogs are fine creatures!

Castor is great when someone in this house is sad or injured. We call him Nurse Castor because he acts quickly and knows exactly how to comfort.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Good job Frank, you cheer up mama! Tyson is the same way... if he sees me upset or even senses I'm upset or sick - he won't leave my side. If I am crying he'll pry his head between my arms, or legs just to get close to my face. They are the most amazing creatures. I am sorry for the news you received - praying for you.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Okay a bit different but the same. I just started taking testosterone shots and they tend to make me a little - lot on the Randy side my husband says he runs around looking for knot holes to fill as a joke to friends at least I hope it is a joke. Getting to the point Chance who was neutered over a year ago and has shown no signs of humping has started humping the couch pillows. Yes they are mirrors of our emotions and let us know through their actions :yes:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
My Frank doesn't bark at me when I cry but he will stick his face close to mine, sniff for a while, then start licking my tears. I would like to think he was comforting me but I do think he just likes the saltiness. It usually makes me laugh though and kind of breaks me out of my crying spell.

I am glad that your Frank helped to alleviate some of your pain. What a funny boy to bark you out of your sadness!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online