Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning EBN Family!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Ok - SOOOO, Ellie is 8 mos old, and we are still struggling a little bit with her house-training.

Today mama tried to take a QUICK shower this AM, as I was LAZY and didn't to take it last night as I normally do, SOOOO I poked my head around the shower curtain, and caught her in the act of squatting and peeing on my bedroom floor:stinkeye:

She IS crate-trained and go up to 7 hours without messing her crate during the day, she also at night time, does sleep in our bed, and HOLDS it 7-8 hours, but the waking hours while we are home, she may only go 1.5 hours TOPS and if we are not right on top of her will have accidents.

We HAVE done all the following training, taking her out every hour, treats and praise as soon as she does her business outside, we even tried the potty bells.:hmm:

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but she does not pace her water intake, sometimes she will have little drink, and sometimes she have almost a WHOLE bowl

Mama is feeling defeated today!! :hissy:

Is she just being a stubborn bully or does mommy need to step up her game??

HELP!!:help:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I think it's OK that she's not fully potty trained just yet... it is hard with bulldogs:mellow: Does she at all show signs of wanting to go out before she does her business inside, or does he just go where she likes?

Is it possible that she's got an UTI? I'm asking cos our basset did kind of the same, she would be able to hold all night and never peed inside when the door was opened but if the door was closed she would go inside. I never saw here squat often but one day she peed every 5 minutes so we got a shot for UTI and after that she's only peed inside once. She's now 6 months old.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I think it's just a matter of still needing some time. You said she kind of binge drinks...is there a pattern to it? After eating dinner or a particular treat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fezzik was awful/stubborn with potty training. He would go potty outside, but if he had to go while inside he wouldn't let us know and would have accidents up to 9 months. We finally have a system where he barks to go out. Just keep in there.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Extremely normal behavior unfortunately... I think that all bullies regress at some point. Willow is 8 mos and w/all these stupid fireworks going off, I found out yesterday she has peed in on our bedroom carpet. Sigh... Lol

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
With Biscuit I just made sure if I couldn't 100% watch her that she was either outside, in her crate or on a leash right beside me. But honestly I think it is just the dog, she was the easiest of all of mine to train. She sounds like she is almost there!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online