RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My 13 week old puppy threw up this morning a piece of this kong toy! 13567379_10154352052109726_1983785526058364681_n.jpg
Kong Tuff 'N Lite Pig. I advice you not to buy. It's light weight and my older bully hasn't gotten anything out of it, but the little shark did. Luckily it came out this way. If he'd gotten sick I would of had no glue why, since the piece was just pealed of the toy and there was no clear sign that is was broken. Kong manufacturer has been told about this.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for this warning...grateful your baby had God's protection in this incident.

Love every picture of your amazing & beautiful bullies...love to y'all <3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW... Thanks for the warning, usually KONG toys are pretty safe.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That's what I thought too and that's why I bought these especially. Let's see if they respond to my message... I'm not holding my breath though...

WOW... Thanks for the warning, usually KONG toys are pretty safe.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
sick odin 061.jpgsick odin 059.jpg007.jpg

Yes any toys with a rattle in it, no matter who makes them in My view is very dangerous , we near lost Odin to this Kong tennis ball with rattle , he passed it we were lucky very lucky, NO more toys with rattles in them the rattle is the prize right after they chew thru to get it and down it goes . All we have around here now is rope pull toys and once frayed garbage !

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
What a bummer! Good toys can definitely be hard to come by! I've had good luck with planet dog and jw pet toys

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Thanks the warning - we go back and forth between getting a long for him. Our guy chews threw everything. Our best toy had been a normal set of tennis balls, some ropes and a couple of antlers. All the Tuffy toys, rubber toys etc he chews up in less then a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Little shark's is a good toy tester! lucky you go it on time. Thanks for the heads up :)

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Thanks so much for the warning! I too, thought Kong toys were virtually indestructible!!! So glad your little guy's alright!!! It'll be interesting to see if the Kong people respond!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you for sharing this information. It's always good to have the heads up on experiences from other people. I usually only buy Kong or JWow toys for our guys, and have had luck with all of them so far except the Kong Wubba, which looks like an Octopus, and has long strands of material. Blossom ate a piece of the string, we were also lucky that she threw it up. I only give them their toys when they are being supervised. The only ones I have been able to leave them with is the Kong hard ball. And the Kong hard bell? ( I don't know what it's called but I call it the bell.). I'm so glad your baby is okay.

This is what the Wubba toy looks like stay away from this toy, the long pieces are material, and can be chewed off very quickly, Blossom swallowed a piece in less than 5 minutes.

The next two are of the bell and ball that I buy and they have lasted a long time. Dozed and Blossom have the original Bells since they were puppies, and they are 4 years old now. I also like the Kong hard rubber bones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 114

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So glad you baby is OK and it came out on its own. Thanks for the info

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Thank God your babies are ok. I am always wary of the so called tough toys. I think the only Kong items that are truly indestructible are the black ones.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.