May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hello everyone,

I've been reading for a while on this excellent site getting info I need in anticipation of bringing home Dozer -

Dozer trying skateboard for 1st time.jpg

He is just a bit over 10 weeks old and doing great. Everything I could have wanted and more, to say my family and I are greatly attached is a big understatement. I grew up on a farm and have been around and personally had all sorts of dogs but EB's definitely have their own unique personality. I have always really enjoyed being around them, now I can't stand the thought of being without. I really get it, they are a special breed.

Anyway, my question for those more experienced owners - I've been noticing lots of little changes as my new buddy grows, his right ear has started to raise as the cartilage forms. The left has cartilage forming (you can feel it) but not enough yet to keep ear from doing the puppy flop as you can see in the picture. Is this normal? Will they both even out? I know on German Shepherds this was the case. Just don't want to worry with ear problems because of no air circulation, etc. Have read about gluing and don't really want to do that unless I have to.

Thanks for any help!

Rod

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the most wonderful world of Bulldogs!

They do a lot of changing and growing UP the first year... Out/widen the second year. I would not be too concerned about the ears ,,, they should perk up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome to EBN! He looks very cute! If the other one has started to perk, most likely the other will follow.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, they should be fine. Even if it doesn't fully rose back, as long as you are not going to show him, it doesn't matter. He is a very handsome boy, and will grow into a very nice bully.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online