The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
So you all know that Harlea had ACL reconstruction last week and has been doing pretty good until early this morning. As she hadn't been messing with her incision so we weren't using the cone of shame. Well..... Around 4am this morning while we were sleeping she decided that she was going to lick her stitches out. She managed to get all but 3 or 4 of them. Lucky for us she didn't open her incision so we sent pics to our vet and he said not to worry about it as it wasn't open and she was going to be getting th taken out in the next day or two any how. We so dodged a bullet on this one but she has obviously become sneaky with her licking herself as we can usually hear her day or night as soon as she starts.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Harlea :( glad you were able to avoid another trip to the vet!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH SNAP... yeah yesterday I thought Willow was letting me sleep in, oh NO... she was destroying some clothes that she found on the floor :sneaky2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: She had enough of them and wasn't waiting anymore!

Happy she is doing well and hope she is back to normal real soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:laugh: She had enough of them and wasn't waiting anymore!

Happy she is doing well and hope she is back to normal real soon

Me too. She is already trying to run and jump. She ripped the leash out of my wifes hand the other day and broke her pinky finger in the process.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Harlea knew her stitches were healed up already, and to avoid all the trouble of having to go into the vet again, she took it upon herself to help you all. How thoughtful of her. Hee hee hee.... glad baby girl is getting better! :whistle:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] Sounds like Harlea is a little Supergirl-just needs the cape. Poor wifey-Harlea even gave her the finger! You should know Todd,since you had children=when things are too quiet.................

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Me too. She is already trying to run and jump. She ripped the leash out of my wifes hand the other day and broke her pinky finger in the process.

Damn... That is unreal! Hope wife heals quick

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky. I lost a shirt to Bella just yesterday. Two weeks ago, I lost a pair of shoes. I'm going to start billing her! :sneaky2:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] may I suggest fresh bones for her to chew on? We had 4 ACL's procedure done.... only thing that kept Izzy busy in her crate was chewing bones.... at least she burned some energy doing this.

Also we used the soft neck pillow instead of plastic cone. She was very comfortable sleeping with it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.