sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh gosh yes lol as much as they say your dog or cat should not lick such things mine do all the time ( there mouths are not the cleaner thing to have on a wound they say ) Ya they have a room at our local hospital named after Me where they do all the stitchin up kinda stuff , MEH a good cleaning by the dogs and duct tape ( CDN invention ) and your off to the tool shed once again ! lol

WTG Joey you take care of your MuM,s as she takes care of You bud !!

I'M CRACKING UP!!!! Bring on the duct tape because the only cleaning it's received is from Joey.....HAHAHAHAH

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau is like this... If he senses something... A cut or bite-- he becomes obsessed with licking it-- mosquito bites are a big one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I forget what its called, but this reaction is what makes a good cancer or diabetes sniffing dog. Some dogs come by it naturally, some have to be trained. Our Schnauzer does it, and he trained Frith to do it. They naturally go to sick people and Finn will actually growl at "sick" areas.

While waiting to get snow tires removed, there was a vietnam vet in the waiting room and he had issues with his left side we were sitting to his right. Frith was all jolly-licky-friendly bully until she moved over to his left side. And then she flipped out and started barking at his leg (it had shrapnel in it, and had been semi paralyzed). She went all OCD on his leg in the waiting room. We moved her back to the right side, and she was fine--as long as she couldn't see his left leg.

I was concerned and talked with trainers and behavior counselors and was told that "this behavior" is the magic that makes dogs "man's best friend" nurture it.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus and Regina will try to lick cuts and scrapes -- it's their way of trying to clean the wound for you. Sounds like Joey is just being mother hen for a bit.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.