Joey taking care OF MY BEE STING ?????

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I was stung by a bee on my calf. This happened Sunday, Joey gets her whole face in that area sniffs constantly and now licking, licking, licking.....I did not even put medicine on it because I was afraid she would ingest it.....

SO CRAZY....Has this happened to anyone else?

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I just stepped barefooted on a huge bumblebee last night,It is so sore.I should see how ours react to it.lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I just stepped barefooted on a huge bumblebee last night,It is so sore.I should see how ours react to it.lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OH YES!!! Do that please.....I have to know, this is soooooooo weird.....

Oh and sorry for your sting!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I put a paste of baking soda on a bee sting... worse was a spider bite, and I ended up in the ER. I could not feel my leg... :eek: and we never figured out what type of spider got me.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I put a paste of baking soda on a bee sting... worse was a spider bite, and I ended up in the ER. I could not feel my leg... :eek: and we never figured out what type of spider got me.

UGGGGGG!!!!! Did the dogs react to the bite?? Smelling?? Licking??

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Old medic trick....put toothpaste on the bee sting. If you are having difficulty breathing...go to the Emergency Room.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Old medic trick....put toothpaste on the bee sting. If you are having difficulty breathing...go to the Emergency Room.

Thank you but I'm fine......it's Joey that continues to freak out.....HAHAHAHAH she WILL NOT leave my leg alone. It's like she smells the poison or something.....IDK......CRAZY

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you but I'm fine......it's Joey that continues to freak out.....HAHAHAHAH she WILL NOT leave my leg alone. It's like she smells the poison or something.....IDK......CRAZY

Good puppy. Jewel is the same way with me.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh thank goodness! I'd never seen such a reaction :)

Jewel really sensed me and followed me around after I learned of my brother's passing. She was really worried about me. And darn glad to see me return after 4 days.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Jewel really sensed me and followed me around after I learned of my brother's passing. She was really worried about me. And darn glad to see me return after 4 days.

Oh my what a good girl!! How comforting for you, I'm sure!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I was stung by a bee on my calf. This happened Sunday, Joey gets her whole face in that area sniffs constantly and now licking, licking, licking.....I did not even put medicine on it because I was afraid she would ingest it.....

SO CRAZY....Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh gosh yes lol as much as they say your dog or cat should not lick such things mine do all the time ( there mouths are not the cleaner thing to have on a wound they say ) Ya they have a room at our local hospital named after Me where they do all the stitchin up kinda stuff , MEH a good cleaning by the dogs and duct tape ( CDN invention ) and your off to the tool shed once again ! lol

WTG Joey you take care of your MuM,s as she takes care of You bud !!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my what a good girl!! How comforting for you, I'm sure!

I was talking to my wife last evening while sitting on the couch and Jewel came up and sat next to me. The TV was on as we were watching the news and I asked my wife what do you think happened when my brother met St. Peter at the gates. Now last week, I found out at the service for him that he had a nickname by the people in his circle as Captain Inappropriate. I knew this because of what he says in our conversations. Nonetheless the wife and I had a chuckle. Jewel started licking my arm as hey dad...don't worry he is all right.

I am a believer that dogs have a sense of emotions and try to help their owners with comforting. It is kind of great in my book.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I was talking to my wife last evening while sitting on the couch and Jewel came up and sat next to me. The TV was on as we were watching the news and I asked my wife what do you think happened when my brother met St. Peter at the gates. Now last week, I found out at the service for him that he had a nickname by the people in his circle as Captain Inappropriate. I knew this because of what he says in our conversations. Nonetheless the wife and I had a chuckle. Jewel started licking my arm as hey dad...don't worry he is all right.

I am a believer that dogs have a sense of emotions and try to help their owners with comforting. It is kind of great in my book.

Ahhhhhhhh what a wonderful story, I'm a believer too! I can hear the comfort you feel in your posts.....GOOD GIRL JEWEL !!

Joey for sure knew I was "hurt" and dammit she was cleaning that boo boo and getting stinger out :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online