My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo is scared of the cooling pad also, he will not get near it, so I Put a Fan in front of Elmo, he likes this.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I ordered Canelo a cooling matt this week from Amazon and it arrived. Now I'm trying to get him interested in it and to use it. I got him a large and it's a perfect size for him.

cade107de89d61a784586e573514e72b.jpg
1f8379dd2b4f8baf9b8ce0e16a92fc71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyson loves his!!
7f982aef8107c4d5f1005bf73143d786.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I love Winners! I worked a contract in Red Deer, Alberta and Toronto and discovered them. My suitcase was always loaded coming home!

Where are you again? Im in boring RD for now

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought one of these pads for Porkchop. He is scared to death of it. I've even tried putting treats on it.

Why dont you sit on it and have him sit beside you. I put it in her kennel and other half her blanket....Babysteps :)

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Houston, TX. I was working at the hospital in RD putting a new system. I would fly into Calgary or Edmonton and stay in an apartment close to downtown. It was the tallest building there. This was in 2005. Talk about a small world!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Houston, TX. I was working at the hospital in RD putting a new system. I would fly into Calgary or Edmonton and stay in an apartment close to downtown. It was the tallest building there. This was in 2005. Talk about a small world!

Lol yeah really. Im always in Calgary have a business there and planning to buy something there instead n just rent out the ones I have here. It's too slow here for me. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... Thanks for sharing--great reminder of how fast it can happen even though the car seemed cold... He was not.

So happy all is well

OP
Canelospeeps

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
He's doing good today and using his pad. He sleeps in the craziest positions lol.

c2abeabb73a40e5001a362c9e6c66405.jpg

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Overheating is so scary. Bella overheated during a dog run in October last year. It was unseasonably warm, and I shouldn't have let her walk the path. I did, though...and, towards the end, she was panting, hacking, and she couldn't walk anymore. I was scared! Eventually, she recovered, but she could have died. Now, I know not to push her (even though, she's pretty energetic). Her body just can't keep up with her spirit.

Here's a pic of her as she cooled down that day. Even in this pic, you can tell she's heated.

image.jpg

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Have you tried a KoolCollar? It's a mesh collage that comes with a cold pack insert or you can use ice cubes if you're out and about. I have one for Ruckus and it helps him stay cool in the blazing summer heat when we're outside or until the car cools off. Ruckus has done the crazy panting in the car before so now I always start it and get the AC running before loading up the dogs.

Poor silky pup, heat just isn't his thing!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.