New bulldog baby need help guesstimating his age

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
When I got him the ad says he was born March 15 then his "health record" I use that term loosely says born April 1st and that he was vaccinated may 1st. He was very dehydrated and malnourished and worm and parasites ridden and weighed 5 lbs at the vet on Monday. I got him Friday night by the time my vet was open Monday I had him rehydrated enough the vet told me to keep doing what I was it was working beautifully. We got him his worm pill and he is on adult acana because he was so bad any puppy food would be too much of a shock. He has had diarrhea so bad it's terrible. We are extremely confused as to age so I thought I could turn somewhere where there may be breeders to enlighten me as to things that may help determine age a bit. 20160618_012332.jpg20160618_012316.jpg20160621_150721.jpg20160621_194124.jpg
the pic with 2 is my other bulldog born Feb 7th there really is a huge difference way more then a month if I was supposed to have a 13 week old puppy. Any comments or help greatly appreciated thank you for your time

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I think he cannot be born March 15. His face seems to be a face of bully around 2 months old. Weight is a bit low even for a dog born April 1, but you say that he was not well taken care of. When I got my bully, he was 2 months old and weighed 3.2 kg.
He is an amazing baby, so cute and i guess, he is very lucky to become your family member, as it seems like you rescued him from an awful place!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Congratulations, he is a little cutie for sure & welcome to EBN.
Your other bully is adorable as well, what are their names?

Not a breeder but he doesn't look like a 13 wk old puppy to me.

So much stress to his system from meds, change of food & worm
parasite issues so diarrhea to be expected, poor'll one.

So glad he came home with you, lucky boy!

I'd get him on goat's colostrum & build a great immune system.

Good luck with everything & continue to update us on his progress.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What matters right now is you keep him on proper puppy food like orijen as he is small and good protein snacks. He looks like a happy camper so that's great!

:welcome4: to the site !!!

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Thank you everyone. I feel I was the lucky one to get him!! He is one tough lil guy and quite the fighter. I keep thinking what if someone who didn't know anything about bulldogs thought this was what they were supposed to be like he would have died in a day. I am very glad for my vet schooling and rescue days of so many sick puppies. I will definitely keep everyone posted and glad to have found this forum. I will get him on puppy food and good food once he has stabilized because he was so malnourished we can't shock his system which is why he isnt on it as of right now. For right now the Acana Lamb and apple is getting his system back in order. I have been reading alot on here about FROMM and am going to the pet store tomorrow to check into it. My girl Zoey who is 5 months old has never gotten firm stools how i would like so maybe greasy lamb isnt for her lol so we might do a change for everyone :) In the meantime here is some pics of the two after they first met and one I did last night that fits my lil man to a T
PhotoGrid_1466387488298.jpg
PhotoGrid_1466568281439.jpg

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Also my Zoey is going in for her cherry eye surgery probably next week sorry I know it looks bad :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome2: Both of your babies are cuties! Getting the worms out of that poor pup will do wonders! Getting some food and water will be quite beneficial,too.
If they have loose stools, you can give them pumpkin with their meals. The plain canned pumpkin-NOT pie mix. I think you probably saved that pup's life!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Also my Zoey is going in for her cherry eye surgery probably next week sorry I know it looks bad :(

Oh dear, you don't have to be sorry. Ive been through that and alot of other members. You have adorable puppies. Cherry eye or not! They are cutie pies.

There are a lot of good info in here about cherry eyes. Try to keep Zoey calm for a good 3 weeks so it doesn't pop back out Keep us posted.

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Oh dear, you don't have to be sorry. Ive been through that and alot of other members. You have adorable puppies. Cherry eye or not! They are cutie pies.

There are a lot of good info in here about cherry eyes. Try to keep Zoey calm for a good 3 weeks so it doesn't pop back out Keep us posted.
im so scared about that cause shes a shark tornado right now would i be better off to wait cause other than being on the boat for the day nothing phases her energy lol she used to wear herself out playing and from the heat then smart me got her a pool and now she goes till she gets warm goes and belly flops in the pool runs in circles till shes wet and cool then back at it lol lol

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
:welcome2: Both of your babies are cuties! Getting the worms out of that poor pup will do wonders! Getting some food and water will be quite beneficial,too.
If they have loose stools, you can give them pumpkin with their meals. The plain canned pumpkin-NOT pie mix. I think you probably saved that pup's life!
thank you :) his poop is liquid right now after deworming sooooo many roundworms came out it was sickening from friday night till yesterday i have been cleaning diarrhea off everything every hour :( and he is getting pumpkin, yogurt and baby oat cereal with probiotics to try to get this lil on track. He is drinking amazing when i first got him he drank for 20 min straight �� I hate funding a bad breeder but i couldnt walk away knowing he would die. It was hard but not i just worry about the rest too

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
im so scared about that cause shes a shark tornado right now would i be better off to wait cause other than being on the boat for the day nothing phases her energy lol she used to wear herself out playing and from the heat then smart me got her a pool and now she goes till she gets warm goes and belly flops in the pool runs in circles till shes wet and cool then back at it lol lol

Are you planning on getting her spayed ? Cause if you are, wait till she has her appointment and do both at same time. You will also save a lot of money cause you will pay once. No need to put her under 2x. You can push back in the cherry eye. I did it and works till you get them fix. have a look at the link

Cherry Eye Treatment - Home Remedy For Dogs (k9-1) - YouTube

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Are you planning on getting her spayed ? Cause if you are, wait till she has her appointment and do both at same time. You will also save a lot of money cause you will pay once. No need to put her under 2x. You can push back in the cherry eye. I did it and works till you get them fix. have a look at the link

Cherry Eye Treatment - Home Remedy For Dogs (k9-1) - YouTube

im not sure if i will face cannon fire for this or not but in being honest im not sure if i want to spay or not at this point

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
im not sure if i will face cannon fire for this or not but in being honest im not sure if i want to spay or not at this point

Usually spaying is between 6-1yr old. Some will wait after first heat n some want it before. But putting a dog under too close to different surgery is not too good especially bulldogs cause of their breathing issues. Why don't you do some searching in here for spaying and see what others said. Sometimes helps clarifies on some of our questions. Nyala is my first female. Only had males. I regret having her spayed. I didn't know but should of just tied her tubes instead so she has hormones still moving along as we say.

BTW, where in Canada are you. West? You're answering my post fast so im thinking West side lol

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Usually spaying is between 6-1yr old. Some will wait after first heat n some want it before. But putting a dog under too close to different surgery is not too good especially bulldogs cause of their breathing issues. Why don't you do some searching in here for spaying and see what others said. Sometimes helps clarifies on some of our questions. Nyala is my first female. Only had males. I regret having her spayed. I didn't know but should of just tied her tubes instead so she has hormones still moving along as we say.

BTW, where in Canada are you. West? You're answering my post fast so im thinking West side lol

ontario :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online