OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Ok done at vet despite his misery I have managed to get him to gain .5lb some is better then none at this point we are going to fromm pork and peas but for now I have an amazing pet store that has frozen goat colostrum and a prebiotic all life stage mix he will be going on stopping yogurt and pumpkin vet gave him Tylosin so hope this catches the bug. When I got back in the car he had pood on Zoey's face after cleaning em all up this is what happened she comforted him 20160623_143131.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

These two are melting my heart <3

Thank God, you saved this puppy, AJ, I saved a kitten once in bad shape (was on a
sales call at this home), covered in fleas and one of many (two litters). Had tried to
get out of there without taking one but as I was leaving I stepped over her, we made
eye contact....I too, was haunted by the others left behind but had 3 long haired cats
and a Golden Retriever, all indoor so lots of cleaning hair, Hubby was mad enough!
We can't save them all and that is so difficult for us...but, we can save ONE and pray
all find loving homes.

Glad you found the colostrum, it will really help Zeke and so will Slippery Elm (you
might find at GNC or a Drug Emporium, especially now that he's vomiting too.

I am praying over y'all & have sympathy for what you're dealing with ;(

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
These two are melting my heart <3

Thank God, you saved this puppy, AJ, I saved a kitten once in bad shape (was on a
sales call at this home), covered in fleas and one of many (two litters). Had tried to
get out of there without taking one but as I was leaving I stepped over her, we made
eye contact....I too, was haunted by the others left behind but had 3 long haired cats
and a Golden Retriever, all indoor so lots of cleaning hair, Hubby was mad enough!
We can't save them all and that is so difficult for us...but, we can save ONE and pray
all find loving homes.

Glad you found the colostrum, it will really help Zeke and so will Slippery Elm (you
might find at GNC or a Drug Emporium, especially now that he's vomiting too.

I am praying over y'all & have sympathy for what you're dealing with ;(

Yea it's very hard knowing you can't save em all I hate that feeling I have 4 dogs now 2 cats and 2 African greys and I'm fighting myself to not go try to save them lol I'm crazy hahahaha what can I say. It's hard because I know I have the financial means to and what if others don't :( I just gotta stop thinking about it lol then I'm like what if that's a character flaw that's why these pups are in this boat lolol I think I'm way over tired hahahahahaha ignore me I'm quite sure I'm delirious at this point.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh, they look so sweet together! Yeah, it is so sad to see those places where helpless animals are treated as biomaterial for making money. I don't even want to start with my stories about kennels in China, i saw several of them in my process of looking for a bulldog pup. I am still getting hysterical remembering poor animals, sick, kept in small cages all their lives sitting in their feces and starting not barking, but yelling when they see a human being. It felt like they we yelling please, please help! I really do hope there is a special place in hell for these breeders, where they will change roles with these animals.
Thanks God, you resqued this poor boy! Please keep us posted about his health progress! All the best to you and your cuties!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok done at vet despite his misery I have managed to get him to gain .5lb some is better then none at this point we are going to fromm pork and peas but for now I have an amazing pet store that has frozen goat colostrum and a prebiotic all life stage mix he will be going on stopping yogurt and pumpkin vet gave him Tylosin so hope this catches the bug. When I got back in the car he had pood on Zoey's face after cleaning em all up this is what happened she comforted himView attachment 99428

What precious babies you have! thank you so much for giving this little bundle a fantastic loving and caring home. it will be a long road, but he is going to be a very healthy baby thatnks to all your care and love.

the gang has given great advice.... wish you all the best. keep the pictures coming

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
20160624_144643.jpg

Zeke being the bull clown that he is resting after his pills and breakfast :)

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
I will start off saying even I don't recommend anyone doing this.....however, because of zekes issues his diarrhea could not get any worse and my other bd zoey didn't have firm poop but not diarrhea either so it was a risk but only owners know their dogs so I went and bought fromm pork and peas and went against the slow transition and emptied the old bowl (I free feed) and filled with fromm. And to my surprise no diarrhea in any of my dogs as a matter of fact the opposite turning firm even my Lil boy zeke still has diarrhea but it is getting more solid by the poo lol I think by tomorrow he will have his first real poo and I cannot believe I'm saying this but I will dance when it happens hahahahaha the meds for the bacteria strip even the good from him so I actually found something I though was going to be good choice to supplement prebiotics and enzymes and boy was it an amazing option. I'll get a pic in case others want to try it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will start off saying even I don't recommend anyone doing this.....however, because of zekes issues his diarrhea could not get any worse and my other bd zoey didn't have firm poop but not diarrhea either so it was a risk but only owners know their dogs so I went and bought fromm pork and peas and went against the slow transition and emptied the old bowl (I free feed) and filled with fromm. And to my surprise no diarrhea in any of my dogs as a matter of fact the opposite turning firm even my Lil boy zeke still has diarrhea but it is getting more solid by the poo lol I think by tomorrow he will have his first real poo and I cannot believe I'm saying this but I will dance when it happens hahahahaha the meds for the bacteria strip even the good from him so I actually found something I though was going to be good choice to supplement prebiotics and enzymes and boy was it an amazing option. I'll get a pic in case others want to try it.

Awesome news!!! Sometimes going against the norm is what we need to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Awesome news!!! Sometimes going against the norm is what we need to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure was in this case just something in that acana wasn't agreeing I guess

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
but I will dance when it happens...
LOL...a poop dance.
I have one of those every now and then but it's usually when I'm trying to from one side of the back yard to the other avoiding the Bully mines.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Just reading this thread now! Zoey and Zeke are beautiful babies! Thank you so much for saving Zeke, he really is looking better in that last picture! I would take [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] advice and consider waiting to get Zoey's cherry eye fixed if you are going to spay her. Continued healing and healthy growing thoughts for both of your guys :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.