OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Usually spaying is between 6-1yr old. Some will wait after first heat n some want it before. But putting a dog under too close to different surgery is not too good especially bulldogs cause of their breathing issues. Why don't you do some searching in here for spaying and see what others said. Sometimes helps clarifies on some of our questions. Nyala is my first female. Only had males. I regret having her spayed. I didn't know but should of just tied her tubes instead so she has hormones still moving along as we say.

BTW, where in Canada are you. West? You're answering my post fast so im thinking West side lol
Im up with the baby Zeke cause he keeps spraying poo everywhere an i dont want him stepping in it so im on constant poo dooty

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Im from Montreal and AB now. A week ago drove from AB to Montreal for a little road trip. Man ON is so damm long with their 90km and redoing all the roads. Any way you should be in bed with your 2hr difference :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
acana is a very good brand. Stick to the puppy Acana as it will help him gain weight. I like Orijen it's made by same company and from Canada. Why change something that isnt broken. Pumpkin is great to help stop loose stools like someone mentioned. Make sure its written 100% pumpkin and NOT for pies.

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
Im from Montreal and AB now. A week ago drove from AB to Montreal for a little road trip. Man ON is so damm long with their 90km and redoing all the roads. Any way you should be in bed with your 2hr difference :)
I drove 5 1/2 hours one way to get him it was aweful i took my zoey with us and after we stayed the night in the hotel and me getting no sleep cause i was making sure he drank enough and cleaning every poo up the next day tried to head home and air conditioner went out UGH i had to go buy a bag of ice get them on it to cool em down call around and finally canadian tire let us sit in the ac inside and they got us fxed up so we stayed over another night and finally got home sunday was A VERY LONG drive and trip especially on a sick baby. And i wont be in bed for a while i worry about him too much lol

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
acana is a very good brand. Stick to the puppy Acana ascwill will help him gain weight. I like Orijen it's made by same company and from Canada. Why change something that isnt broken. Pumpkin is great to help stop loose stools like someone mentioned. Make sure its written 100% pumpkin and NOT for pies.
my vet doesnt want to put him on puppy food yet because it will be too rich on him he wants to wait a week with him on the adult to get some in him first and hes on pumpkin and yogurt and i did give him a teeny bit of coconut oil and will do that every few days

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
acana is a very good brand. Stick to the puppy Acana ascwill will help him gain weight. I like Orijen it's made by same company and from Canada. Why change something that isnt broken. Pumpkin is great to help stop loose stools like someone mentioned. Make sure its written 100% pumpkin and NOT for pies.
he literally was all bloat weight and skin with bones sticking out. his bloat is better today and his skin no longer tents and looks meatier im really praying the vaccine at 4 weeks old isnt going to have long term consequences

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
my vet doesnt want to put him on puppy food yet because it will be too rich on him he wants to wait a week with him on the adult to get some in him first and hes on pumpkin and yogurt and i did give him a teeny bit of coconut oil and will do that every few days

Believe it or not, AJ, coconut oil can cause tummy issues. I'd wait until he's better to put
anything in him other than acana & pumpkin, hold off on yogurt too (milk issues). Get that
diarrhea stopped than after a couple weeks of regularr poos, introduce items ONE at a time
& wait a couple weeks before adding next item. This way any adverse effects will show the
cause.

Slippery elm should be okay (from health food stores or Amazon (powder or pill), it coats
inflamed gut to sooth & heal. Great with vomiting issues as well, add this instead of coconut
oil or yogurt (for right now) to stop that awful diarrhea!

Colostrum can be added immediately as well for quick immune rebuild.

What a tough start for Zeke & you...love your description of him...indeed, a warrior!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Your Puppy is Beautiful, Both of your puppies. Thank God You recused this Beautiful One, she is in Wonderful Hands with You, I just know she will grow into a Healthy Puppy with your Love and caring.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
When my puppy arrived home, we had a ton of health problem, and diarrhea was really bad, it was even bloody. We were administered Antibiotic (neomycin), but about this you should ask your vet. And another thing, that helped us to make his poop solid, was Smecta. It is natural substance (white kaolin clay), and great absorbent of all toxins. It is human medication, OTC. It is Ok even for babies. INN is dioctahedral smectite, not sure what is brand name in the US.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Wow, he's very cute...I love his color/markings. He looks to be about 10 weeks to me but it's been a long time since I had a puppy...no authority here. Keep doing your magic and he'll be fine in no time.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
he literally was all bloat weight and skin with bones sticking out. his bloat is better today and his skin no longer tents and looks meatier im really praying the vaccine at 4 weeks old isnt going to have long term consequences

Ahh I see for the adult food now :). I know Nyala doesn't get coconut oil everyday just the odd day as her stools gets very soft. She eat home cook meals so she gets full benefit in minerals, proteins, vitamin in all her veggies and mostly the broth from boiling the turkey.
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] gave you great advice. You're both warriors :)

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
So glad you got him and not someone else! I get what you mean about "funding" people like that but sometimes we do what is best for the puppy. I paid $50 to save this starved pitbull puppy and it hurt me to give that SCUM money but I wanted the dog away from him. I wormed and fed him and got him shots and then just gave him away to a loving family that got him fixed. I hope he starts feeling better soon, sounds like you are doing everything right!

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
thank you everyone....i am trying to find the goat colostrum but unsure of where to get it.....last night was a rough night and we are on our way to the vet again. Hes now puking :( i hate this poor puppy is in this bad of shape i wish i had legal recourse to get my $1800 back just because he doesnt deserve it donate that money to the shelter for all i care or towards vet bills for the other pups i just cant get my mind off those poor other puppies :'(

OP
AJ Fran Cotterman

AJ Fran Cotterman

Jun 22, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke and Xena
the yogurt im using is lactose free so i should be ok there??

Members online

No members online now.