Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New bulldog baby need help guesstimating his age

When my puppy arrived home, we had a ton of health problem, and diarrhea was really bad, it was even bloody. We were administered Antibiotic (neomycin), but about this you should ask your vet. And another thing, that helped us to make his poop solid, was Smecta. It is natural substance (white kaolin clay), and great absorbent of all toxins. It is human medication, OTC. It is Ok even for babies. INN is dioctahedral smectite, not sure what is brand name in the US.

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow, he's very cute...I love his color/markings. He looks to be about 10 weeks to me but it's been a long time since I had a puppy...no authority here. Keep doing your magic and he'll be fine in no time.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Fran Cotterman View Post
    he literally was all bloat weight and skin with bones sticking out. his bloat is better today and his skin no longer tents and looks meatier im really praying the vaccine at 4 weeks old isnt going to have long term consequences
    Ahh I see for the adult food now . I know Nyala doesn't get coconut oil everyday just the odd day as her stools gets very soft. She eat home cook meals so she gets full benefit in minerals, proteins, vitamin in all her veggies and mostly the broth from boiling the turkey.

@Texas Carol gave you great advice. You're both warriors

5. Likes Texas Carol, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

So glad you got him and not someone else! I get what you mean about "funding" people like that but sometimes we do what is best for the puppy. I paid $50 to save this starved pitbull puppy and it hurt me to give that SCUM money but I wanted the dog away from him. I wormed and fed him and got him shots and then just gave him away to a loving family that got him fixed. I hope he starts feeling better soon, sounds like you are doing everything right!

7. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Pooper scooper AJ Fran Cotterman's Avatar
    Real Name
    Aj
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeke and Xena
    Likes (Received)

thank you everyone....i am trying to find the goat colostrum but unsure of where to get it.....last night was a rough night and we are on our way to the vet again. Hes now puking i hate this poor puppy is in this bad of shape i wish i had legal recourse to get my $1800 back just because he doesnt deserve it donate that money to the shelter for all i care or towards vet bills for the other pups i just cant get my mind off those poor other puppies :'(

9. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Aj
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeke and Xena
    Likes (Received)

the yogurt im using is lactose free so i should be ok there??

Real Name
    Aj
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeke and Xena
    Likes (Received)

Ok done at vet despite his misery I have managed to get him to gain .5lb some is better then none at this point we are going to fromm pork and peas but for now I have an amazing pet store that has frozen goat colostrum and a prebiotic all life stage mix he will be going on stopping yogurt and pumpkin vet gave him Tylosin so hope this catches the bug. When I got back in the car he had pood on Zoey's face after cleaning em all up this is what happened she comforted him-20160623_143131-jpg

12. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Aj
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeke and Xena
    Likes (Received)

-20160623_145236-jpg

14. Likes harveyspecter, Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-20160623_145236-jpg
    LOL
    Hug your bully today

16. Likes AJ Fran Cotterman, helsonwheels liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

-20160623_145236-jpg

These two are melting my heart <3

Thank God, you saved this puppy, AJ, I saved a kitten once in bad shape (was on a
    sales call at this home), covered in fleas and one of many (two litters). Had tried to
    get out of there without taking one but as I was leaving I stepped over her, we made
    eye contact....I too, was haunted by the others left behind but had 3 long haired cats
    and a Golden Retriever, all indoor so lots of cleaning hair, Hubby was mad enough!
    We can't save them all and that is so difficult for us...but, we can save ONE and pray
    all find loving homes.

Glad you found the colostrum, it will really help Zeke and so will Slippery Elm (you
    might find at GNC or a Drug Emporium, especially now that he's vomiting too.

I am praying over y'all & have sympathy for what you're dealing with ;(

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Aj
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeke and Xena
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    These two are melting my heart <3

Thank God, you saved this puppy, AJ, I saved a kitten once in bad shape (was on a
    sales call at this home), covered in fleas and one of many (two litters). Had tried to
    get out of there without taking one but as I was leaving I stepped over her, we made
    eye contact....I too, was haunted by the others left behind but had 3 long haired cats
    and a Golden Retriever, all indoor so lots of cleaning hair, Hubby was mad enough!
    We can't save them all and that is so difficult for us...but, we can save ONE and pray
    all find loving homes.

Glad you found the colostrum, it will really help Zeke and so will Slippery Elm (you
    might find at GNC or a Drug Emporium, especially now that he's vomiting too.

I am praying over y'all & have sympathy for what you're dealing with ;(
    Yea it's very hard knowing you can't save em all I hate that feeling I have 4 dogs now 2 cats and 2 African greys and I'm fighting myself to not go try to save them lol I'm crazy hahahaha what can I say. It's hard because I know I have the financial means to and what if others don't I just gotta stop thinking about it lol then I'm like what if that's a character flaw that's why these pups are in this boat lolol I think I'm way over tired hahahahahaha ignore me I'm quite sure I'm delirious at this point.

Feed Store Operator Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Oh, they look so sweet together! Yeah, it is so sad to see those places where helpless animals are treated as biomaterial for making money. I don't even want to start with my stories about kennels in China, i saw several of them in my process of looking for a bulldog pup. I am still getting hysterical remembering poor animals, sick, kept in small cages all their lives sitting in their feces and starting not barking, but yelling when they see a human being. It felt like they we yelling please, please help! I really do hope there is a special place in hell for these breeders, where they will change roles with these animals.
    Thanks God, you resqued this poor boy! Please keep us posted about his health progress! All the best to you and your cuties!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads