bulldogs & veggies or was it fruits???

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
ok i think i read on here that some of you guys give ur bulldogs frozen veggies or was it frozen fruits as snacks? i went to walmart today and was gonna buy some packages of both but i was like nah i better ask first. so PLEASE let me know. lol

thanks!!!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Both :)For a snack I keep frozen broccoli and frozen greenbeans for Belly. She doesn't know that it's actually good for her.. now my Boston won't touch the stuff. In her food I add frozen blueberries. She's teething really bad so I figure all the frozen stuff should feel good on her gums. You'll get a lot of different choices on here from other people.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I give frozen Green beans or Normandy veggies (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) as treats and now in their 2nd meal of the day. Occasionally banana slices when I have those.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
D. all the above. haha Fruits and veggies frozen are a great snack! My boys have loved frozen strawberries, raspberries and blueberries along with the frozen green beans, broccoli etc... Now that my boys are on a form of a diet I usually feed them a good amount of frozen veggies and fruit for breakfast then in the afternoon they get their dog food.

giasmom

Feb 2, 2011
Just yesterday, I gave Gia some banana, and she loved it! I also take vanilla yogurt, freeze a little spoons of it in an icecube tray and give her one of those as snacks. Only problem is, she hasn't learned to actually chew it, she just swallows it whole!! Mine isn't too keen on the greenbeans though....:up:

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
we feed guinness frozen green beans, baby carrots, cucumbers and there are many other healthy treats you can feed bullies

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We give our bullies ... frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, frozen blueberries. Fresh .... cucumber, carrots, banana and apple.

Also, canned pumpkin and natural yogurt!

Last edited:

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
Other than dog food, we give our dogs canned pumpkin, coconut oil, frozen green beans, frozen peas, frozen carrots, dehydrated whole bananas(they're chewy and taste just like banana bread), roasted pumpkin seads, frozen berries, cottage cheese, plain yogart, ocassional pinch of shredded cheddar cheese, baby carrots and shredded carrots.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
my Bullet loves most veggies and every fruit we tried (except grapes - read somewhere that they were not good for them).

word of caution....don't over do it though. our family got carried away with introducing veggies and fruits that he had the poo's for a few days and his booty was actually sore. :( lesson learned!

i give Bullet about 5 florets of frozen broccoli in dry food twice a day (this is my solution of slowing him down a bit while he eats and it does seem to work). in between he may get a few frozen baby carrots and a few random fruit pieces (i usually have strawberries, apples and bananas on hand for our family to eat). i decided that i am going to switch the offerings up about very other week so he doesn't get bored with the same things. he had frozen blueberries in his food last week.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I have given my girls all kinds of fruits and veggies, and seriously, I have not found one thing any of them don't like! Even little Clementine gets everything that Gertie and Ida get, and she inhales it all just as fast as her sisters do. I've tried fresh, more than frozen, for some reason. I have given them frozen green beans, but I think everything else has been fresh. They get blueberries, shredded carrots, bananas, apples, apple sauce, butternut squash, pumpkin, yogart, cottage cheese, salmon oil and NuVet Plus vitamins. I'll be trying other fruits and veggies as more stuff is in season. I haven't given them broccoli or cauliflower, doesn't that make for REALLY bad gas?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva loves fruit! She doesnt really like veggies but I try. She also gets pumpkin and organic yogurt every day for a treat too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online