The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is off to the vet for her recheck on her leg now so I am anxiously awaiting word from my wife as to the outcome. They told us initially to be prepared for her to have surgery today if needed, but I am hopeful that won't be the case as her limp has lessened over the past two weeks and I really don't want to put her under unless absolutely necessary.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Good Luck!
If Harlea has indeed improved over this relatively short period of time then there's no way I'd go forward with surgery right away. Keep doing what you are doing and go with surgery only if Harlea plateaus with the improvement and has not fully recovered.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Good Luck!
If Harlea has indeed improved over this relatively short period of time then there's no way I'd go forward with surgery right away. Keep doing what you are doing and go with surgery only if Harlea plateaus with the improvement and has not fully recovered.

That's is our thoughts exactly. We don't want her under unless absolutely necessary.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Whelp..... Just got the word... It isn't a meniscus tear. She has a torn ACL and will need to have surgery. No way around it. That's one thing I love about our vet is that we have multiple well known bully vets in the same office and when they all agree you know deep down it is the right thing to do. So we are looking at scheduling the surgery which could possibly take place later today.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
That's not what I was hoping to hear. I hope the surgery goes well and recovery is quick and painless. Again, GL!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online