Seriously my dog hates his harness and won't walk!!!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly hates his harness - we realized it was chaffing him. Fortunately we taught him to heel at a very early age and really doesn't go after things so we were able to switch him to a martingale collar.

We didn't do too much experimenting with the harnesses but it might be more of a comfort thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouLanaro

Mar 31, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I decided not to use collar on my Harley anymore ......afraid of hurting him because now 9 months and 62 lbs he wants to do his own thing....with a nice thick harness now I steer him to where I want to go but every 2 minutes will plant his feet and like pulling a rock... I have a street behind me where they are building houses with no grass....there he will walk but where there is grass he needs to smell and count every blade.....
Still love him though...

Harley.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
This is a perfect example of only walk a bully as far as you can carry him/her. Sorry...I have just the opposite problem. I just pick up a harness and Bentley goes ballistic running in circles like okay dad I'm ready to go c'mon dad you're not moving fast enough.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I usually walk Chunky with a Julius K9 Harness and he stands perfectly still when he sees me pick it up to put it on him. I like it because its easy to put on and take off after his walks. I have two collars that I can put on him also and both are easy on and off so I am not leaving them on all the time and they are easy to carry. He does walk better with the harness but when he decides to be stubborn its always with the harness because its not pulling against his neck.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
You can make the clicking noise with your tongue. Much easier and faster than using a clicker. Any fast little noise is the cue. I clicker-trained my horse and learned quickly I needed 2 hands free. Then I thought "Hey, I can make this same noise with my dog." And it's always in my mouth, not a little piece of plastic to lose. LOL

Most Reactions