Thread: Is your bully protective?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Is your bully protective?

Whenever Dave (Sam's daddy) leaves Samson gets alot more protective of me and the house. He follows me closer, he barks at sounds he wouldn't normally. Does this happen to you?
    Last edited by TessaAndSamson; 03-06-2011 at 10:19 AM.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is your bully protective?

thats so sweet, he protects his mommy Chaos is still to little to care, I think. He still barks at everything
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

HRH is the one who thinks she needs protection.

The only time she ever barks is at loud sounds that startle her. A quick yelp and then she runs to the protection of her bed under the desk. And the reason her bed is under that desk is because she would run and hide there, so we figured that was the best place to make her "safe" spot.

Lucy-licious

Lucy is my shadow if she hears a noice she shouts but if shes startled she runs like the wind n hides under the kitchen table

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh yes! Anytime hubby is gone overnight Cutty goes into head of the house mode. It is nice for him to know he has to protect us but really it makes it harder to sleep at night because EVERY sound he hears he barks at which make me anxious. lol. Better than him not changing at all tho!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

aww, samson protects his momma! butler doesn't change, he's always stuck like glue to me. no matter if it's just me at home or the hubbs too, butler will bark at the doorbell or a knock on the door. a big deep tough guy bark and he changes his posture to real tall and forward. it is the cutest thing. he is always really protective of mario's kids, like if mario picks one up and they make noise, butler gets really anxious like they are getting hurt or something and he will jump on mario until he puts the kids down.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

That is so cute! Mocha gets upset for a little while if she cant go for a ride, but shes over it quickly. What she does is follow me,or the rest of the family around the house. She hates being alone!
    LisaMarie

Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Yes! She will hear a sound in the night and stand over me and bark as loud as she can, then will investigate the noise. She scares the crap out of me sometimes!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Yes! Any odd noise and Chunk stands real tough and barks his deepest bark. However, once in a while he does it while backing up! The other day though, a neighbor I don't know was outside and while he was being very nice and friendly to me, when he bent down Chunk went running over to him like they were best friends. So either, I should follow Chunk's evaluation of character (they say dogs read people best right?!) or be concerned that he's not protective enough.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

I would have to say Sarge is to a point...He doesn't like my husband showing me affection. He'll head butt him or push him away from me.

He has never acted aggressive toward anyone...except when my husband went on his mission trip to Africa. I was having trouble with one of the neighbors doing "weird" things. Bought some pepper spray and locked my windows and doors while my husband was away. Due to something this man did while we both were using the same bank. He had the tellers concerned...so I thought maybe I'm not over reacting...

But one night...Sarge literally ATTACKED the sliding doors! Freaked me out...I slept with the baseball bat next to me in bed that night. That is when I started locking my doors and windows and bought the pepper spray. After that incident...Sarge was extremely over protective. He wouldn't even let our employees into the house! And he knew one of them for THREE YEARS!

So the night my husband was dropped off...Sarge ran out and I was afraid for Paul the man dropping my husband Wade off stepped out of his truck. And Sarge had been so aggressive lately...but since he seen his "dad" was home. He greeted Paul friendly verses the aggression he's shown everyone else the two weeks my husband was gone. And was back to his easy going self again.

Sarge other than the time my husband left on that mission trip...has never shown aggression toward anyone...other than not liking my husband to show me affection. He get's all vocal and cute when my husband kisses me...and tries to knock him away with his head. Never attempting to bite.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'd like to say 'always' because Stig does bark when he hears a noise, especially in the middle of the night. But then last night, he slept through my sis making noise in the kitchen at 5 in the morning (Stig sleeps with my bf and I in our room upstairs) and me giving him a goodbye kiss before I left for work. So I say, yes, he is protective ... except when he's extremely tired. lol.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Mine aren't protective of me. They bark at things that scare but they look to me to make sure everything is okay, which is fine since I am the mama and self-proclaimed pack leader. Linus is very laid back and Truman is not interested in guard dog duties over playing.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads