Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is your bully protective?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is your bully protective?

Lola is protective of me espeically! She kees a close eye on where I am, where I am going and what I am doing. Sometimes it drives me crazy because I will turn around and about trip over her. Brodie, proective of Mackenzie my 5 year old. She is definately his "human" and he loves her so and follows her around like a shadow! It is cute but sometimes drives her insane. She even has a hard time swinging because he will sit so close to the swing she is afraid she is going to hit him. I LOVE IT!!!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sam is never aggressive towards people, even strangers, it's just for whatever reason if Dave is gone he becomes much more alert. Like cali~jenn said about Cutty almost like he feels the need to become the man of the house and protect us ladies (loki and I). Barks at things he wouldn't normally, gets out of bed at night and barks at things he hears, when if Dave is home he NEVER gets up out of bed at night. No matter what though even when Dave is home he always becomes alert and barks when someone knocks at the front door/rings the door bell, does exactly what @sheila says Butler does, barks very deeply and gets real stiff and stands real tall like a little soldier. Also like Butler does with Mario's kids, when Dave is being playful with me like comes up behind be and grabs and tickles me (I am super ticklish so I always let out some type of sound) or he picks me up Samson will jump on him until he lets me go. Like he thinks Dave is hurting me, he doesn't do this when we are being affectionate or anything just when being playful like that.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Delilah almost never barks and I've never heard her growl. I think if a stranger came in to the house, she would just roll over and be like, "pet me?"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

The only thing Chester is protective of his the "toy of the moment". He never is possessive..etc. of anything. Even his food bowl you could take away while he is eating and he wouldn't growl or anything. The only time he barks is when our shih tzu barks when he hears the door open. Chester isn't afraid of any person.. just things - like the snowboard on my table, you'd think by now he knew.. it's Monday night..the snowboard gets put on the kitchen table
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactaste View Post
    I would have to say Sarge is to a point...He doesn't like my husband showing me affection. He'll head butt him or push him away from me.
    This part is so funny to me ... we always joke and my husband will say things like, "Oh this is MY mommy!" and hug and kiss me to see if Chunk gets jealous. He never does, just keeps playing. Only once did he grab both our legs and start humping ... we laughed so hard we cried!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Vegas doesn't get protective...he gets jealous.
    Orion gets protective. I really think she needs to be on medication. She will be sleeping and Vegas will walk by and she will jump up from a dead sleep and attack him. When I say attack, she has maybe once or twice broken the skin..it's more of a verbal attack and a jump attack. There is body contact...but it's more of her screaming in his ear. She does this with both my husband and I. She can climb up to where Vegas and daddy are sitting and butt into there snuggle time, but if she were there first and Vegas tried to butt in...there is hell to pay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads