What to do after you bring in the 2nd dog

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
I just got Timon my new female dog today. Pumba went nuts. Its not like him at all. He didnt hurt her or bite her but he keeps bothering her and protect his toys his spots. She wont do anything unless he is too much she will bite him. Is there anyway to improve the situation? Please help. Thank u!!! And here is the pic of Timon!
cd904121f723713c6cca42ec61d5f35f.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15942]Pumba[/MENTION] I have never had trouble bringing in another dog, but this is only the first day for you. I always talk to the "original(s)" and tell them "be good" take it easy" be nice, that is your baby sister. Don't let him be possesive about his toys.Just try not to act nervous. Just expect him to be good. If he plays too rough,tell him take it easy,that is a baby dog,that is your baby sister.He will get used to it.Don't do anythig that might make him jealous. Sit on the floor and pet them both together. I always just expect my dogs to accept another. They accepted my new rescue-even though he spent alot of time on the bed,at first.Now he wrestles with two bullies at once(he's only 12 pounds!)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15942]Pumba[/MENTION] I forgot to say how cute your Timon is! Love her sad face and wrinkles!!:drawheart2::drawheart2:

OP
Pumba

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
[MENTION=15942]Pumba[/MENTION] I have never had trouble bringing in another dog, but this is only the first day for you. I always talk to the "original(s)" and tell them "be good" take it easy" be nice, that is your baby sister. Don't let him be possesive about his toys.Just try not to act nervous. Just expect him to be good. If he plays too rough,tell him take it easy,that is a baby dog,that is your baby sister.He will get used to it.Don't do anythig that might make him jealous. Sit on the floor and pet them both together. I always just expect my dogs to accept another. They accepted my new rescue-even though he spent alot of time on the bed,at first.Now he wrestles with two bullies at once(he's only 12 pounds!)

Thank u so much! It just doesnt seems ok as of right mow. Pumba keeps protecting his toys and he just pee on Timons bed!! I put him in bathroom for a time out now. This is not good. I hope pumba can accept timon soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank u so much! It just doesnt seems ok as of right mow. Pumba keeps protecting his toys and he just pee on Timons bed!! I put him in bathroom for a time out now. This is not good. I hope pumba can accept timon soon!

Pumba is being territorial.... He Will need time to adjust but YOU HAVE to show leadership and make sure he knows his behavior is not acceptable.... Do you practice 'nothing in life is free'. It will get him inline and be sure all family members follow it.

Pumba will come around to his new sibling.... Once Timon is fully vaccinated start walking them together so the 'pack up'...

Timon is a gorgeous little girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pumba

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Pumba is being territorial.... He Will need time to adjust but YOU HAVE to show leadership and make sure he knows his behavior is not acceptable.... Do you practice 'nothing in life is free'. It will get him inline and be sure all family members follow it.

Pumba will come around to his new sibling.... Once Timon is fully vaccinated start walking them together so the 'pack up'...

Timon is a gorgeous little girl

Thank you so much. I'm going to look up nth in life is free. Really hope they get along soon!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much. I'm going to look up nth in life is free. Really hope they get along soon!!

I cant figure out how to get the link, but it is on EBN under training and behavior... A sticky thread at top of section

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
Lots of crying and trying times. Just Saying...
After 4 or 5 months it seems to work out.. Mainly when the little lady has put on some weight and can hold her own.
Very cute girl..

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Very Precious Baby Girl you have. It may surprise you, but one day they could be the best of friends.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
What a cutie! Ahhh the rolls. She is brand new, most dogs react the way he is doing especially since he is just a pup himself. Give a week and the "novelty" of the new baby will wear off. Take up all the toys until he learns to share and play with them equally to avoid jealousy.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Beautiful pup. You have to also remember to treat Pumba as the top dog. He needs to know that the little one is not taking over his place. Don't show too much attention to the pup when he is around. Don't forget to pet him and feed him first. If you just punish him for his bad behaviour now he just might get real jealouse.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.