Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
6854cf34592c463f764dfd7d66177b7a.jpg

Well, we're home!!! Surgery went very well! I like the result of the 2nd tack better than he first. Doc told us that if we can get to 3-4 weeks and it doesn't pop back out, then we should be in the clear. If it were to pop back out, then he recommends removal at that point. Doing any more than 2 tacks can cause the same result as removal- dry eye- anyway, bc of scar tissue. So I'm
Praying for a successful tack this time! He's doing great. Made the 2 1/2 hr ride home flawlessly, ate a little when we got home and got some pain meds. Now he just wants to cuddle.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news.... Hugs all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Hope it goes well. Tyson needs to go back for his but after losing Raven recently I am oh so scared to put him under again.

Omgoodness. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! I can't imagine what your going through! If you choose to remove, they only heavily sedate them. They don't have to go completely under. Take your time and do it when your ready. I'm so sorry for your loss.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So glad it went well, hope it stays in for you guys! Enjoy your snuggle time with him :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
6854cf34592c463f764dfd7d66177b7a.jpg

Well, we're home!!! Surgery went very well! I like the result of the 2nd tack better than he first. Doc told us that if we can get to 3-4 weeks and it doesn't pop back out, then we should be in the clear. If it were to pop back out, then he recommends removal at that point. Doing any more than 2 tacks can cause the same result as removal- dry eye- anyway, bc of scar tissue. So I'm
Praying for a successful tack this time! He'5s doing great. Made the 2 1/2 hr ride home flawlessly, ate a little when we got home and got some pain meds. Now he just wants to cuddle.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers!!!!

Im laying in my hotel room and been thinking of my little trooper all day. Go figure.... what a little man you got there! Don't worry it will be all good in 4 weeks. One thing I did with Nyala is keep her calm. Ok I tried lol... but told my sons no dogs at home for at least 2 weeks. I stretched it to 3 weeks. Today her eye is still great. Im so happy all went well with LJ!!

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
It looks pretty good. Best of luck for it holding this time (took my Mac two times) and hope he's good to go!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Im laying in my hotel room and been thinking of my little trooper all day. Go figure.... what a little man you got there! Don't worry it will be all good in 4 weeks. One thing I did with Nyala is keep her calm. Ok I tried lol... but told my sons no dogs at home for at least 2 weeks. I stretched it to 3 weeks. Today her eye is still great. Im so happy all went well with LJ!!

Awww, thank you! Keeping him calm is going to be the hard part. We put up all of the toys! And doing our best to keep him and Penny away from one another. Vet said that he didn't need to wear an e- collar as long as we were watching him, but has to be on when he's kenneled, but they gave us a soft collar. Lockjaw seems to tolerate that a little more. This next month is going to be loooooooong! Lol

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It looks pretty good. Best of luck for it holding this time (took my Mac two times) and hope he's good to go!

Oh thanks! I'm so scared it's going to pop out again. If it does, I'll just remove it. That darn cherry eyes going to be the death of me! Lol- glad to hear Macks was successful after the 2nd time.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] Tell that lil' flirt to quit winking at the girl dogs so his tack can heal!:cool::drool:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So glad Lockjaw's surgery is over, I Pray his cherry eye never returns. Give this Precious Boy a Big Hug and Kiss from me and Elmo.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh thanks! I'm so scared it's going to pop out again. If it does, I'll just remove it. That darn cherry eyes going to be the death of me! Lol- glad to hear Macks was successful after the 2nd time.

I sure know that "is it going to pop out again?" I didn't have to go through surgery 2x and still was checking her like a hawk. I can imagine having 2 dogs...you're probably scanning the whole area where LJ walks. Just watch the paws. Even with the cone of shame, days Nyala was trying to scratch. As it heals it drys up and gets itchy.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] Wondering how LockJaw is doing today!? How I love that name!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.