Had a bit of a scare last night

rufasim

Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Well actually this morning. Bella woke up around 3am. So That means now I have to wake up. She has to go out. Now, we live in a suburb that is about 12 miles south from Boston Ma. and we have had coyotes in the area. That means at that hour I go out with a flash light and a baseball bat into the back yard. As Bella is relieving herself her ears perk up and she stands immediately at attention. I start thinking the worse. I start roaming the back yard with the flashlight to see what she is growling at and start to call her back up stairs when I see a possum sticking his head out of a wooden fence. I start down the stairs to try to chase it away when my brave Bella starts howling and crying like a baby and running up the stairs. I almost stepped on her as I was heading down. The possum just ran away and I brought rBella back in. All was good in our world, for now any way.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds like where we live… I have seen deer, fox, skunk, raccoon, possum, turkeys and coyotes by our yard. Coyotes are scared of people and normally will not come up to you, but now dogs that's a different story. Around here they are mostly active on full moons… Lol

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Glad all was ok. Prior to Raven passing she would wake me up in the middle of the night and we have come across possums and raccoons. The are fearless about someone being on their turf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: I LOVE nature, but sometimes, I wish they would stay away, especially at night..... I have to deal with snakes, toads and foxes at night. I usually throw something on the patio before I left the pups out :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.