Florida bulldog rescue contact? Urgent

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
FEBR has a form on their website and I got the contact number for Adopt-A-Bull on their website.

Does anyone have any other contacts in Florida for bulldog rescue? Or alternatively know anyone who would want a possibly special needs bulldog in their home?

I'm on the road going out of town for he weekend but stopped to post and reach out.

Short version: my dad is abjure bulldog lover and would take the dog himself but his Great Pyrenes aren't other dog friendly. Woman who works in my dad's office has a bulldog just over a year old named Carl. Her family hasn't been great to him, once he outgrew his puppy appeal, kept him gates in the kitchen maybe one walk a day, one of their daughters kicked him off the couch so hard once he sprained his hip. Don't get me started if I see these people they'll get a huge piece of my mind. So my dad and another guy in the office Dan convinced them to give Carl to Dan who had an older bully who passed and he promised to take good care of him and it upset them to see Carl mistreated. Carl started having seizures. Come to find out the original family knew this, dumped him, and won't help with any vet costs. Dan doesn't make a lot of money and he has a brand new baby at home and his wife is on unpaid maternity leave and he said he just can't afford the costs right now but wants the best for Carl so he's looking for a rescue.

Thoughts anyone?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
2BullyMama covered the ones I know of. Just wanted to say good luck and thank you for trying to help a sweet bulldog

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I don't really know, Christine has you covered though. I hope he gets to a good home.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't know of any other rescues that are not listed already. Good luck with your search.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Gah! I wish I was more knowledgeable with regards to rescues but if those that Christine provided do not work, write again and we'll figure something out!

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
As always, you guys are all awesome. Thanks so much [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I have compiled a list for my dad to contact. I will keep everyone updated. My dad will make sure they do right by Carl. I know he wishes he could keep him and get him fixed up at the vet himself, but given the reaction his male dog had to Ruckus when we've visited, it just won't work.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm SO sorry to read this story, but it sounds like you have things under control. Best of luck to Carl, and kudos to YOU and your dad for trying to help this poor baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As always, you guys are all awesome. Thanks so much [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I have compiled a list for my dad to contact. I will keep everyone updated. My dad will make sure they do right by Carl. I know he wishes he could keep him and get him fixed up at the vet himself, but given the reaction his male dog had to Ruckus when we've visited, it just won't work.

Also include Georgia Bulldog Rescue... They are close snd might take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] I just wanna wish you and your dad all best luck and thank you for going out of your way for this little guy. Please keep us posted.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Good luck. Hope that poor baby gets a home that can help him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lcliff87

Apr 24, 2016
Sanibel, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Samie and Hercules
I know Adopt-A-Bull rescue in Florida has shut down. I was fostering my bully from there and a few months ago they called and said they went bankrupt and were shutting down so I adopted my bully because I fell in love! I don't know of any current ones in the Florida area though but I wish you the best of luck! Let me know if you find any in Florida as well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.