g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Sorry I posted and ghosted for the weekend! I had terrible reception --can't complain because I had my feet in the sand the entire time.

I talked to my Dad today who said they had called around and were trying to find a rescue to take him when Dan started having second thoughts about surrendering him because he didn't want him without a real home. So that was almost a disaster. It turns out someone else on the office is a dog lover and is involved with the Golden Retriever rescues so he also helped out with the situation. He reached out to a friend in South Florida who has a female bully and is involved in rescue down there. Turns out they had been looking to add an energetic male bully to their family to keep their girl company. They drove up this, the dogs got along great, Carl jumped in the car and off to live the life of a prince on a 4 acre lot with his new best friend. He went straight to the vet hel said Carl's seizures aren't from trauma so he drew blood and is running tests. Carl is immediately switching to a grain free diet and has a tentative appointment to be neutered, depending on his blood work results.

Here are a few pictures of Carl with my dad. He was just a puppy here, I don't have a recent one.

250dd23fab4ccc133f5b72345298e06e.jpg

c1f9326c894778651757427c469e45f8.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry I posted and ghosted for the weekend! I had terrible reception --can't complain because I had my feet in the sand the entire time.

I talked to my Dad today who said they had called around and were trying to find a rescue to take him when Dan started having second thoughts about surrendering him because he didn't want him without a real home. So that was almost a disaster. It turns out someone else on the office is a dog lover and is involved with the Golden Retriever rescues so he also helped out with the situation. He reached out to a friend in South Florida who has a female bully and is involved in rescue down there. Turns out they had been looking to add an energetic male bully to their family to keep their girl company. They drove up this, the dogs got along great, Carl jumped in the car and off to live the life of a prince on a 4 acre lot with his new best friend. He went straight to the vet hel said Carl's seizures aren't from trauma so he drew blood and is running tests. Carl is immediately switching to a grain free diet and has a tentative appointment to be neutered, depending on his blood work results.

Here are a few pictures of Carl with my dad. He was just a puppy here, I don't have a recent one.

250dd23fab4ccc133f5b72345298e06e.jpg

c1f9326c894778651757427c469e45f8.jpg

Fantastic update!!! Thanks for letting us know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
Great news! Sounds like a happy ending for this deserving boy...:dance2:

Whitney Chiang

May 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Where in Florida? FEBR and Buddies Thru Bullies pretty much have the state covered with rescues, but I can ask around at bully meet ups too.

Members online

No members online now.