Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to me specifically about Fromms-internist has me more confused then ever.

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Talk to me specifically about Fromms-internist has me more confused then ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Good morning. Jewel had pancreatitis and our vet wants Jewel to be on a low/non-fat diet. We have her on RC gastrointestinal. Bentley eats Fromm Pork and Applesauce. He used to eat Fromm Pork and Peas and Fromm Beef Frittata due to switching around because he itched/scratched after eating and then some scratching in between meals. We also discussed this with our vet who said to give Bentley Fish Oil. Low and behold itching stopped. Its up in the air about what helped...the change in food or the fish oil.

We also give Fromm treats. they have biscuits that are 5% crude fat and safe for Jewel.
    My bet is on the fish oil--it is high in vit D. Vit D is used to treat all sorts of skin problems.
    Fritthy

2. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Talk to me specifically about Fromms-internist has me more confused then ever.

I feed raw food and Fromms is not available in Finland. Hill's and RC on the other hand are and I consider them not food at all. All you have to do is check out the ingredient list and see that is all chemistry not food. They are huge global brands that have all the money to do their own research in order to come up with results in their favour and have vets in their pockets.

4. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vader and Reya
    Likes (Received)

Like this post. The gang seems tired of the Fromms puppy chiot and the kibble shape is a challenge for Reya (pointy narrow snout). So I drove all over Dallas today to find Lamb & Lentil. Pet Supply Plus seems to be the only Fromms supplier that I have found locally and the normal store I buy the Puppy didn't have pork and peas or lamb and lentil. I got a small bag just to try and see if there are any undesirable end results.. They chowed down and then came running over to say thank you for the change.. lol.
    Okay, the fish oil didn't go over as well... Hell I couldn't shallow the gel cap, it was that big.. I hoped they would just chew it and swallow... Reya after awhile got it down... Vader I had to take it back and cut it and pour into a pill pocket and administer that way.. Has to be a better way...
    So far so good and I will go back and forth till the puppy is gone and might try a few other flavors.
    Reya seems to be good to go, but I think I will have Vader allergy tested...

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BREWBADGER View Post
    Like this post. The gang seems tired of the Fromms puppy chiot and the kibble shape is a challenge for Reya (pointy narrow snout). So I drove all over Dallas today to find Lamb & Lentil. Pet Supply Plus seems to be the only Fromms supplier that I have found locally and the normal store I buy the Puppy didn't have pork and peas or lamb and lentil. I got a small bag just to try and see if there are any undesirable end results.. They chowed down and then came running over to say thank you for the change.. lol.
    Okay, the fish oil didn't go over as well... Hell I couldn't shallow the gel cap, it was that big.. I hoped they would just chew it and swallow... Reya after awhile got it down... Vader I had to take it back and cut it and pour into a pill pocket and administer that way.. Has to be a better way...
    So far so good and I will go back and forth till the puppy is gone and might try a few other flavors.
    Pill cover = vanilla ice cream... Never fails! Just enough to cover the pill, soft and cold so they just swallow and do not chew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes Jellyfish liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BREWBADGER View Post
    I tried the suggestion about icecream....works like a charm.
    Fritthy

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads