ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally had his annual vaccines and physical yesterday w/the vet… she was extremely pleased w/how he's doing. As of right now he is NOT on restricted activity because of his mild spondylosis, the vet feels like this is a non issue at this time. Nikki had suggested acupuncture or chiropractor care for him, but to be honest the vet feels like since he is doing SO well right now we don't need to look for somebody. He is down to 2 or less of those barking/snapping at his butt issues, sometimes (like today) he doesn't have them at all… and he NOW comes up to us for loving, especially Ray. I'm starting to think that maybe neutering him WAS the answer for his aggression. We are also starting to think that his barking episodes were a learned behavior from when he had that anal infection awhile back.

Nikki had wanted me to change his food, and I'm seriously on the fence w/this. Dr. Fant says that of ALL her bulldog clients, my dogs look the BEST w/out skin allergies, bald spots, etc… Of course I have to say that EBN has helped me tremendously in this area. SO I may look into Earthborne Holistic or something along that line, but I HATE to make a change since things are going so well.

Anyway, I will still have Nikki come to help me w/some training w/the pups since NOW Willow has decided to be the evil little toddler, and boss her brother around :evil: Lol

I just wanted to give you guys an update, and as always appreciate your support of me & my babies!!! :heartsign:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Very happy to read this update!!! Glad to hear Wally is doing well :) keep us posted on the food stuff!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Excellent update on the wallygator, I hope he just continues to improve by the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great report, thank you!

I'd wait on a food change too.

Great job, Mama!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So happy for you! Good going Wally. And may ask....why does she want you to change their food? Why would, you since they're doing so great? That food might be good too, but still there is a chance that it wouln't work with them as good as the one you're feeding.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wally had his annual vaccines and physical yesterday w/the vet… she was extremely pleased w/how he's doing. As of right now he is NOT on restricted activity because of his mild spondylosis, the vet feels like this is a non issue at this time. Nikki had suggested acupuncture or chiropractor care for him, but to be honest the vet feels like since he is doing SO well right now we don't need to look for somebody. He is down to 2 or less of those barking/snapping at his butt issues, sometimes (like today) he doesn't have them at all… and he NOW comes up to us for loving, especially Ray. I'm starting to think that maybe neutering him WAS the answer for his aggression. We are also starting to think that his barking episodes were a learned behavior from when he had that anal infection awhile back.

Nikki had wanted me to change his food, and I'm seriously on the fence w/this. Dr. Fant says that of ALL her bulldog clients, my dogs look the BEST w/out skin allergies, bald spots, etc… Of course I have to say that EBN has helped me tremendously in this area. SO I may look into Earthborne Holistic or something along that line, but I HATE to make a change since things are going so well.

Anyway, I will still have Nikki come to help me w/some training w/the pups since NOW Willow has decided to be the evil little toddler, and boss her brother around :evil: Lol

I just wanted to give you guys an update, and as always appreciate your support of me & my babies!!! :heartsign:

That is great news and update. We are glad some issues are resolving.

On the lighter side. I guess Wally got the publishers off of his back and he is not under the gun anymore and is mellowing out. I guess Wally's infamous book, "How To Make My Mommy Crazy" is at the publishers and he is now taking copious notes on his sister's escapades to put into "How My Sister Makes My Mommy Crazy." I really think it will be a good read and the same for the aforementioned book. It will be classifies an Non-Fiction and I bet it will be on the New York Bestseller List.

It is probably a good thing that you have had much rain in your neck of the woods that you have not had to turn on the sprinklers. Bad for the public (i.e. us) in that we will not hear from you on how your two bullies are destroying a cherished object or a functioning to non-functioning mechanism. Awe shucks and nothing to write about.

To finish (Thank God Roger...your not finished yet), we are glad some issues are resolving and things are looking up on the horizon. Jewel and Bentley say hello. --rj

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So happy for you! Good going Wally. And may ask....why does she want you to change their food? Why would, you since they're doing so great? That food might be good too, but still there is a chance that it wouln't work with them as good as the one you're feeding.

Nikki said that there is a theory out there that too much copper in dog food can contribute to aggression in dogs… she wants me to find a food that keeps the copper content between 11-14% (Fromm's is over that percentage). My vet has heard this theory, but she seems convinced that his aggression is almost non-existent, and the growling/snapping at his butt is also improving. If this IS learned behavior, changing his food will not stop him… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great to hear the muchkins are doing so well! I get what Nikki thinks about the cooper, but unless it is proven, and with Wally doing so much better, I would not mess with the food unless you HAVE to.

I'm going to come steal Willow for awhile, I'll give you my sisters GSD...... ;D

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great to hear the muchkins are doing so well! I get what Nikki thinks about the cooper, but unless it is proven, and with Wally doing so much better, I would not mess with the food unless you HAVE to.

I'm going to come steal Willow for awhile, I'll give you my sisters GSD...... ;D

It's a DEAL… I'll have to post a pic of the stinkers from this morning… Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.