My bully has alien gums

K2a2mg

Jun 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Not his teeth lol, there are spiky things coming out of his gums between his top teeth and then several more throughout his mouth. Iv never noticed before. They are soft. I have looked online all day and haven't found anything. Someone please tell me my bully isn't turning into an alien lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 1,042

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks normal to me.

OP
K

K2a2mg

Jun 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Do you see what I am talking about, about the white soft spiky things between his top teeth? There is more throughout his mouth on his gums and the roof of his mouth. I have never ever seen anything like this in a dogs mouth before. This isn't normal dog Gums.

OP
K

K2a2mg

Jun 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I see you have a lot of EBDs, do any of yours have this on their top teeth?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15973]K2a2mg[/MENTION] Are they soft, or hard like teeth?

OP
K

K2a2mg

Jun 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Soft- just figured it out tho. I got the tweezers and pulled them and they were clumps of hair!?! Looked that up and it says subgingival, hairy teeth. crazy.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[h=2]Getting to the Root of Your Dogā€™s Hairy Teeth[/h] If subgingival hair appears to be the only issue in your dogā€™s mouth, your veterinarian may be able to remove it right in the exam room using a cotton-tipped applicator. However, if the area is inflamed or bleeding, a more thorough oral examination may be required while your dog is anesthetized.
Just as important as removing the subgingival hair is identifying and resolving the underlying cause for your dogā€™s obsessive licking. Itā€™s important to get the licking under control or heā€™ll continue to get hair stuck in his gums.
In addition, thereā€™s a good chance your furry friend is feeling pretty miserable if heā€™s constantly self-grooming, so itā€™s important to treat his skin condition to relieve his suffering.
The goal should be to resolve the cause of your dogā€™s itchy, irritated skin so that he doesnā€™t feel the need to lick and chew at himself. In the meantime, make sure to check his mouth each day and remove any hair in his gums either by brushing his teeth (gauze works well to help remove hair) or using a Q-tip.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i had heard of this but never seen it.... WOW!

Chubby Wubby

Nov 3, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
Wow...learn something new here everyday...thank you for posting

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Glad that is all it is. I think I would have freaked out! One more thing to check for with these dogs!!! :ohmy:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well I just learned something new. Thanks for the post. When you learn something new...that means you can go home. Hey boss...I just learned something new, can I go home? No...Ok...I'll just stay on EBN....Thanks anyway.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Amazing! Never seen this before but I see the "foreign objects". Does this mean the gum line has hair follicles? Will the hair come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.