The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
After a wonderful weekend of my daughter graduating and my son getting engaged things turned crappy in an instant last night. When we got home from picking up my daughter from work Harlea was her usual excited self and followed me in to my bedroom and hopped up on the bed while I was changing. She gets up there by jumping up on the hope chest at the foot of our bed so it is almost like having steps. After I changed I go up to go in the bathroom and Harlea decided to get the zoomies and jump off. I didn't think anything of it at first until I heard my wife screaming. Naturally I freaked out as well. So now she is favoring her left rear leg. She will put it down but you can tell it hurts.

I did the normal feel around and movements of her hip and knees and didn't feel anything and Harlea didn't budge when I put pressure or manipulated them. However, when I got to her foot and toes she wasn't too happy so off to the vet we go as soon as they open this morning.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh… well hopefully she just sprained it, and needs to rest. Willow got the zoomies in the house AFTER playing in her pool, so of course she is slipping/sliding all over the floor and got tangled up in the vacuum cord :blink: Congrats on all the GOOD news this weekend, sounds like your kids are growing up and moving on. Let us know what the vet says this afternoon...

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hopefully it is nothing serious. Update when you can

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
CRAP...... I so hope she just sprained something and does not need any surgery! fingers, toes and paws are crossed!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Just got an update from my wife. They took xrays and didn't see anything broken which is good and it doesn't look like she tore her ACL either which is great. Howver, it looks like she may have a torn meniscus so she will be on 10 days rest and confinement and then a recheck to see if she is better.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh bummer! Hopefully it heals quickly.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just reading this, Todd and, of course, praying that sweet Harlea is okay.

Congratulations on Son's engagement & Daughter's graduation...they sure
grow up before you know it...a great thang but bittersweet as well.

I send LOVE to each of you <3

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers and best wishes for Harlea. Yeah, when things get going good, sh#! happens. It's the law. Get Well Soon Harlea!:heartsign:@Marine91

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just got an update from my wife. They took xrays and didn't see anything broken which is good and it doesn't look like she tore her ACL either which is great. Howver, it looks like she may have a torn meniscus so she will be on 10 days rest and confinement and then a recheck to see if she is better.

Well the confinement will SUCK, but at least she may avoid surgery… I hope she feels better soon!!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well the confinement will SUCK, but at least she may avoid surgery… I hope she feels better soon!!!
Me too. If she isn't better in 10 days they will do surgery to fix the meniscus. The timing just sucks as now one of us has to stay home when my daughter goes to freshman orientation later this week.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Me too. If she isn't better in 10 days they will do surgery to fix the meniscus. The timing just sucks as now one of us has to stay home when my daughter goes to freshman orientation later this week.

Ah nuts!! Can someone pet sit for you for the day?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh poor Harlea! Well she will be relaxing in her play pen for awhile.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweet little girl!! I hope she heals very very fast!!! Congratulations on graduation AND engagement...WHEW you must be ready for a rest :)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ah nuts!! Can someone pet sit for you for the day?
I wish. We will be gone overnight so asking my dad to keep an eye on her is out of the question as all he does is feed her and let her out from time to time. He can't pick her up to take her out and such.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.