SHEDDING

socalseminole

Mar 9, 2016
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
What does everyone use for bully shedding? I am seeing plain yogurt, greek yogurt, salmon oil, and coconut oil. What is best and where do you buy?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Shedding could be a few things.... allergies, blowing coat, or wrong food

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Nate, I don't know if there's a magic product that eliminates shedding. It is normal for bullies to shed their coat, it goes with owning a bully. Lol. They will always shed some hair, but will shed more at certain times of the year like in the Spring, when they are blowing their Winter Coat. The supplements like yogurt and Apple Cider Vinegar are things that boost the immunity, and the salmon or Coconut Oils are both great sources of Omega Fatty Acids which are very beneficial to the skin and coat as well as the joints, bones and the brain. It also helps if you bath and brush your dog regularly, we bath our guys once every two weeks, and then we use the Kong Zoom Groom and give them a good brush. I love the Zoom Groom because it's soft and it removes all the loose hairs, and it's very easy to clean. None of the fur stays on the brush. Dozed and Blossom love getting brushed with it, it's like a massage. I find when I brush them regularly, it minimizes the hair in the house. Also Swiffers are your floors best friend to pick up the fur on the floors. Lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 79

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fezzik sheds all the time, but his coat is so healthy from the food and coconut oil that I am inclined to think it is just him. I take him outside and use the Kong Zoom Groom and rub front to back briskly. It picks up a lot of hairs and then I just brush off with my hand or pick up with another wire brush that I push the button on to release the hair. Doing it outside will save you from getting it in your house and putting in the trash. I also brush him when I bathe him once a month and use a hair stopper in the drain.

I have the Shark Liftaway Pro and it has done well for vacuuming the hardwood floors with the attachment.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Lala is the only one in my house that doesn't try to eat a vacuum.
So...we zoomgroooom and vacuuuuum. It's a never ending battle and is especially bad when Sandy is wearing black.
BTW, we vacuumed out our X1 last night and the zoom groom worked very well to loosen and pull the embedded hair from the boot carpet. It didn't get it all but it helped a lot.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Lala is the only one in my house that doesn't try to eat a vacuum.
So...we zoomgroooom and vacuuuuum. It's a never ending battle and is especially bad when Sandy is wearing black.
BTW, we vacuumed out our X1 last night and the zoom groom worked very well to loosen and pull the embedded hair from the boot carpet. It didn't get it all but it helped a lot.

Hmmm. We trained our older dog with treats while the vacuum was on. And then brought it closer. She got to the point of throwing herself in front of it to be vacuumed.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
She got to the point of throwing herself in front of it to be vacuumed.
That's awesome...3 or our current 4 start barking as soon as the closet door(where we keep the vac) is opened. Not sure that training would ever work. Might be worth a try though. I'll report back if we try and fail/succeed.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We don't have a lot of shedding for any of our dogs. I use to but once I found Earthborn Meadow Feast and put all 4 on that the shedding is down to the minimum except for blowing their coats once a year. We have the usual hair but I use to way, way more shedding. The right food made all the difference for our house. We still have lint rollers everywhere but we don't use the entire lint roller all at once now.

OP
S

socalseminole

Mar 9, 2016
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
thanks for all the replies. I actually have that brush but don't brush him enough. And he gets a bath every 2 weeks. I had a bulldog before and I know they shed a lot. Just seeing if there is a food or remedy to reduce. I feed him simply nourish puppy chicken and rice flavor from petsmart with a scoop of cottage cheese. That's what I fed my last dog but Yogi is currently coming off a case of the runs. Need to switch up his food for less shedding and more solid stool.

Any food recommendations?

OP
S

socalseminole

Mar 9, 2016
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
got that brush. Ill try to brush more often with it. Both my dogs have not been crazy about it. they cant sit still!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thanks for all the replies. I actually have that brush but don't brush him enough. And he gets a bath every 2 weeks. I had a bulldog before and I know they shed a lot. Just seeing if there is a food or remedy to reduce. I feed him simply nourish puppy chicken and rice flavor from petsmart with a scoop of cottage cheese. That's what I fed my last dog but Yogi is currently coming off a case of the runs. Need to switch up his food for less shedding and more solid stool.

Any food recommendations?

Yeah, you should look for a grain and chicken free food... Earthborn, Acana, Tatse of the Wild, Orijen, Fromm are some that many members have great results with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.