Why does my Bully appear Bored ?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Swimming! Get that boy a lifejacket and get him into swim therapy to lose that weight.

I was just going to suggest some kind of water therapy too! Could he do physiotherapy - like treadmill walking in the water? Good luck!

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Right now, Maximus is still limping slightly as a result of injuring his ACL's. This is actually the 2nd time he has injured his ACL's.
The first time he injured his (L) ACL, we think from jumping on or off the sofa and chairs in our previous home. He was actually
able to 'heal himself' that time. This time, he isn't so lucky. He was on Pain medication and Anti-inflammatories for quite awhile,
and we had to move everything he needed closer to him so that he did not have to walk far to get to it and that included adding
a "Potty-Patch" to the home. It was heartbreaking watch him limp around on 3-legs. So I don't know if he would be able to do
physiotherapy on a treadmill. He would have to be evaluated by the Physical Therapist first. Unfortunately, these facilities that
offer this service are not nearby to where I live. It would be quite a trip. But I'm still trying to find a service that is closer to me.
And I don't know how expensive this service is. One facility told me that can not be determined until after the Initial evaluation.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Porkchop doesn't like green beans but loves steamed broccoli and carrots. Takes after his master... Cause I'm on the tubby side too.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Right now, Maximus is still limping slightly as a result of injuring his ACL's. This is actually the 2nd time he has injured his ACL's.
The first time he injured his (L) ACL, we think from jumping on or off the sofa and chairs in our previous home. He was actually
able to 'heal himself' that time. This time, he isn't so lucky. He was on Pain medication and Anti-inflammatories for quite awhile,
and we had to move everything he needed closer to him so that he did not have to walk far to get to it and that included adding
a "Potty-Patch" to the home. It was heartbreaking watch him limp around on 3-legs. So I don't know if he would be able to do
physiotherapy on a treadmill. He would have to be evaluated by the Physical Therapist first. Unfortunately, these facilities that
offer this service are not nearby to where I live. It would be quite a trip. But I'm still trying to find a service that is closer to me.
And I don't know how expensive this service is. One facility told me that can not be determined until after the Initial evaluation.

Poor Maximus, I hope he soon gets better! The point of the treadmill in water is that it's not intensive training at all but aimed at dogs with injuries, etc. I've heard of dogs with athritis doing that kind of physiotherapy and that is has been very good for them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.