Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does my Bully appear Bored ?

Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why does my Bully appear Bored ?

Swimming! Get that boy a lifejacket and get him into swim therapy to lose that weight.
    Fritthy

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help. I think I tried the "green bean" thing a few years ago, and Maximus would not touch green beans. If it isn't meat, he is not interested. Currently, I have to feed him meat in order to get his medications in him, plus he
    is on Cosequin and Omega-3 chewys. It could be all the Ground Turkey burgers that he is getting. But as far as his Kibble, Yes, he only gets 3/4-cup 2x per day. He did not like canned Green beans, maybe I should try again....
    As far as a Puppy - Can't do that - I already have a Pug, and She is totally devoted to Maximus. They love one another and my Pug
    is very protective of Maximus. It's a wonderful bond to see.
    I will get him a new Nylabone. He used to have them all the time a few years ago, but then he lost total interest in them, so I stopped buying them. Maximus is on a lot of medications - for his Allergies he gets Apoquel, as well as anti-yeast medication Ketoconazole, and he is on Thyroid medication, Soloxine, plus eye ointment and eye drops for his Dry eye and Entropion.

He is a rough patient for sure. So thank you all. I will introduce a new toy or bone, and try again with the Green Beans.
    I hope things have gotten better. I thought you might want to talk this over with your vet...its a link to anti yeast diet for dgs, that would eliminate one problem. Yeast Starvation Dog Food Recipe - Homemade Dog Food
    Fritthy

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

This is a great thread, thanks for posting it. Our Canelo is a big boy. He was at 79 lbs but we have him down to 69 lbs. Interestingly, our regular vet, an ER vet, and who I call the bully vet can't tell us his ideal weight because he's tall and long but they say he needs to lose weight.
    Canelo has major yeast infections which I finally found a food he does great on, Zignature Duck Formula. He gets a cup in the morning and evening, no snacks. But seeing this thread I am going to incorporate something I do with my parrots. I have three parrots and I switched the. From seed diets to real food. To get them to eat vitamin rich foods, I put the food in a bullet blender then mix it with brown rice. I am going to blend 1 cup of green beans and mix it with Canelo's food. Ideally I would like him down to 60 lbs. Again, great thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Frith View Post
    Swimming! Get that boy a lifejacket and get him into swim therapy to lose that weight.
    I was just going to suggest some kind of water therapy too! Could he do physiotherapy - like treadmill walking in the water? Good luck!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Right now, Maximus is still limping slightly as a result of injuring his ACL's. This is actually the 2nd time he has injured his ACL's.
    The first time he injured his (L) ACL, we think from jumping on or off the sofa and chairs in our previous home. He was actually
    able to 'heal himself' that time. This time, he isn't so lucky. He was on Pain medication and Anti-inflammatories for quite awhile,
    and we had to move everything he needed closer to him so that he did not have to walk far to get to it and that included adding
    a "Potty-Patch" to the home. It was heartbreaking watch him limp around on 3-legs. So I don't know if he would be able to do
    physiotherapy on a treadmill. He would have to be evaluated by the Physical Therapist first. Unfortunately, these facilities that
    offer this service are not nearby to where I live. It would be quite a trip. But I'm still trying to find a service that is closer to me.
    And I don't know how expensive this service is. One facility told me that can not be determined until after the Initial evaluation.

8. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Polly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop
    Likes (Received)

Porkchop doesn't like green beans but loves steamed broccoli and carrots. Takes after his master... Cause I'm on the tubby side too.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Right now, Maximus is still limping slightly as a result of injuring his ACL's. This is actually the 2nd time he has injured his ACL's.
    The first time he injured his (L) ACL, we think from jumping on or off the sofa and chairs in our previous home. He was actually
    able to 'heal himself' that time. This time, he isn't so lucky. He was on Pain medication and Anti-inflammatories for quite awhile,
    and we had to move everything he needed closer to him so that he did not have to walk far to get to it and that included adding
    a "Potty-Patch" to the home. It was heartbreaking watch him limp around on 3-legs. So I don't know if he would be able to do
    physiotherapy on a treadmill. He would have to be evaluated by the Physical Therapist first. Unfortunately, these facilities that
    offer this service are not nearby to where I live. It would be quite a trip. But I'm still trying to find a service that is closer to me.
    And I don't know how expensive this service is. One facility told me that can not be determined until after the Initial evaluation.
    Poor Maximus, I hope he soon gets better! The point of the treadmill in water is that it's not intensive training at all but aimed at dogs with injuries, etc. I've heard of dogs with athritis doing that kind of physiotherapy and that is has been very good for them.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

I am Praying for Sweet Maximus to get better. God Bless Maximus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads