brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Our Koi are spawning and this causes them to jump. Unfortunately one of the koi jumped out of the pond before we could realize and put it back in. Well, we let Frankie outside to potty and of course he found the fish and it was ON! He grabbed it and immediately ran into the house with it. He bunkered down under the dining room table with his prize. He did not eat the fish he just held it in his mouth like it was a prize/toy. We were able to get it away from him but he acted really strange all night. I immediately googled to see if Koi had toxins, which they don't (comfirmed by vet this morning) but I think he was sad his friend died! He cried to go outside for hours and each time we let him out, he ran to the spot he found the fish and moped around inside the house. This morning he cried to go outside first thing, which is unusual for him and again went to look for his friend and then upon coming inside, he laid in the spot in the dining room where he went with it last night. I really think he is depressed!! Of course we were not happy last night to have had one of the Koi die and then have a Koi/Bulldog parade through the house so I think this is also having an effect on Frankie. I know it was a natural instinct to grab the fish and we did not yell at him, more like we were mad at the situation. What can I do for my baby to make him feel better??? :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Fluff & Tuff Finn Koi

2Q==
on amazon for Frankie

41kC5oF7-fL._AC_UL115_.jpg
@brutus77

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My friend said his Italian name is now "Frankie the Fish"!! lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:ROFL: Every true Italian must have a nickname! As long as it isn't "sleeps with da' fish!" Check out the Koi on amazon-he would love it!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Get him a Koi Toy...

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would except I am worried he will think all the koi are toys!! lol I have the entire pond fenced off but I can see him trying for the rest.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh… Lol

We had a koi pond at our old house, and Roxie & Bella would just sit in it to cool down. We made a deep part so the fish could hide Thank GOD or they would of been squished by the dogs… Lol They never seemed to notice the fish…

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Frankie! I feel so bad for him that his fish friend died but love the story of his "caught" prize. Maybe a stuffed koi for a new friend...

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I've got nothing to add, but that is such a sweet and sad story!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
And sorry about the koi, i have a really big fancy goldfish tank and they are my babies, it's hard to lose them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.