rachellmariee

Jun 1, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Ann
My baby had entropion surgery for her eye. It has been 6 days since she had it and she's been healing amazingly....but right now it's the middle of the night and 1 of her stitches came out! She has multiple stitches, as well. But like I said, only 1 came out when I was attempting to clean the gunk around it. I didn't pull on it or anything, so I'm not sure how it came out. She isn't in any pain, and I looked closely from where it came out and the wound is closed and I see no blood or anything at all that indicates anything bad. Her "cone of shame" hasn't been off of her so she couldn't have done anything to make this happen. I will call her vet, but like I said it's the middle of the night and I'm worried. If anyone knows anything about stitches please let me know! Our other bulldog had surgery years ago and I don't remember much about it because I wasn't her primary care giver (she was my dads dog) so I didn't pay attention to it so I have no idea what to expect! Thank you!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
After 6 days the wound is pretty much set. I would stop worrying and if the wound is still closed in the AM I wouldn't bother with a vet visit. However, if you feel the need to see the vet for your own sanity, by all means, GO. Peace of mind is very important when dealing with our "kids".

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
After 6 days the wound is pretty much set. I would stop worrying and if the wound is still closed in the AM I wouldn't bother with a vet visit. However, if you feel the need to see the vet for your own sanity, by all means, GO. Peace of mind is very important when dealing with our "kids".

Agreed… there is not much you can do at this point, I would call the vet in the morning.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hey rachellmariee! How is Pepper Ann? Did you get in touch with her vet? Sending hugs and good thoughts for you both! :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.