Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With An Extremely Picky Kibble Eater?

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help With An Extremely Picky Kibble Eater?

I 100% agree with @desertskybulldogs, although I have never had this problem with hogzilla, I totally agree with her advice!!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the tips! Looks like I'm going to have to get tough.

I'd hate to put her in her kennel while we are eating...the kennel is in my room in the isolated basement and she hates being alone when everyone is home. I usually feed her when we are all sitting down to eat.

And yes, she free feeds. It's really hard for me to manage because I have college full time and then go straight to work..so she is home with my moms boyfriend all day. He would probably cave and feed her something. I can try to explain it to him though and try it out if you guys think that will help.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Woody
    Likes (Received)

My rescue bully allegedly had the same problem. The foster person said he's picky and they left food on the floor all day....RED FLAG!

Took me about 2 days to remediate that. Pick that darn bowl up after 10 or so minutes. He's a regular bully vac now.

(Side note: Wellness is an ok food, it's not one of the best. They include water content in protein sources, so that exagerates the %. They (protein) should be a lot lower on the list. Read the food ratings on this site.)

A lot of people are really busy. Correcting this will actually make your life easier. Have a chat with the family state your concerns: "I work and go to school and this is stressing me out. Help me alleviate it and don't deviate from X,Y,Z." Type up something with your plan and give it to them. Older people need reinforcement

Another thing: when you start making concessions because you think it will hurt their feelings (ie she hates being alone when everybody's home), they are going to start ruling the roost (which it sounds like she is starting to do). Reward her after you eat. Take her out of the crate, give her affection, treats or playtime.

Just be consistent.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I'll have to try the picking her food up thing..I just really hope she'll start eating it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads