Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it. I'm getting another bulldog.

Country
    U.S
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pumba
    Likes (Received)

Lightbulb I did it. I'm getting another bulldog.

So I have a male EB who is 7 months old. His name is Pumba. He is very friendly and loving. We love him so much. And I feel bad when we are out working he has to be at home alone. So We decided to get another one. We always talk about it and boom!! We just did it today. We are getting a female EB puppy who is 6 weeks old now. I will pick her up in mid june. Now I am really excited about this. But also nervous. I really want to post this and want to seek some suggestions on what to do when I introduce the new girl to our home. And what's not to do. Things like that. I can't fall asleep tonight. It's very overwhelming. Please help. Thank you!!!!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I did it. I'm getting another bulldog.

Congratulations It will probably go well since Pumba is still so young.

I would start by introducing them on neutral ground, so Pumba won't feel that she's intruding on his space. We usually take our dogs out for a walk with the new dog, it's a good way for them to bond.

Bulldogs are pretty sensitive, he might feel jealous. My Boeboe was incredibly unhappy when we brought home Bennie. She was about 6 months old and Bennie was 10 weeks. Boeboe was sulking for a week, sometimes even sitting in a corner facing the wall, aww. I felt so bad, but she came around I'm not gonna lie, they're not great friends, they never cuddle but they do play with each other which is very fun to watch.

I think it's easier though to first have the male and get the female second, I personally think females are more difficult in general.

Also maybe be prepared for a step back in potty training with Pumba, when he sees the new puppy peeing inside he might feel he can do it too it happens sometimes but not always.

Can't wait for pic of the "siblings"!
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    So I have a male EB who is 7 months old. His name is Pumba. He is very friendly and loving. We love him so much. And I feel bad when we are out working he has to be at home alone. So We decided to get another one. We always talk about it and boom!! We just did it today. We are getting a female EB puppy who is 6 weeks old now. I will pick her up in mid june. Now I am really excited about this. But also nervous. I really want to post this and want to seek some suggestions on what to do when I introduce the new girl to our home. And what's not to do. Things like that. I can't fall asleep tonight. It's very overwhelming. Please help. Thank you!!!!
    Hi, I agree with Petra's great advice, puma is still so young, so I'm sure they will be fast friends. I also have two, but my guys are siblings and litter mates, so have been together since birth, we brought them home at the same time, so they were used to each other. I think it will be fine, because Pumba is still a baby. I just wanted to say Congratulations on your new baby, how exciting. I can't wait to meet her, and for your pictures. Have you thought of any names for her yet?
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

4. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

-104-jpg-002-jpg-day-3-rosie-052-jpg-069-jpg

So happy for you and excited , I agree as your guys will be so close to the same age I should think all will be well , just do it all with the two of them snuggle, play ect ect
    I would get a bed for each , feed them separate as in different rooms set those type of ground rules right away less conflict later as they get older , but include both with yourself all the time so they get the same amount of attention , sooner or later they will play with each other and all the better when your at work .
    Rosie came into a large older pack so it was different for us but worked out very very well she had no hesitation playing with the big guys supervised by Me so it did not get to rough for her at as these pics were taken 9 weeks old .
    Ok now I want another one I knew this would happen if I read this post lol , I am so excited we will need tons of pics for there first meeting and of course to be updated every few minutes lol
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

6. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Petra took he words right out of my pen....so all I can say on my behalf is Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Congratulations It will probably go well since Pumba is still so young.

I would start by introducing them on neutral ground, so Pumba won't feel that she's intruding on his space. We usually take our dogs out for a walk with the new dog, it's a good way for them to bond.

Bulldogs are pretty sensitive, he might feel jealous. My Boeboe was incredibly unhappy when we brought home Bennie. She was about 6 months old and Bennie was 10 weeks. Boeboe was sulking for a week, sometimes even sitting in a corner facing the wall, aww. I felt so bad, but she came around I'm not gonna lie, they're not great friends, they never cuddle but they do play with each other which is very fun to watch.

I think it's easier though to first have the male and get the female second, I personally think females are more difficult in general.

Also maybe be prepared for a step back in potty training with Pumba, when he sees the new puppy peeing inside he might feel he can do it too it happens sometimes but not always.

Can't wait for pic of the "siblings"!

8. Likes Petra, 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Aww congrats !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Mine are siblings but brought them home 6 weeks apart. They did have a rough beginning, but now they are the best of friends. They cuddle all the time and are great play mates. They will get used to one another- just have patience.

This was the reunion after 6 weeks of being apart. We were picking up Penny from the breeder and brought Lockjaw with us.

This is them now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on your new pup, so exciting. Great advice above. We usually introduce a new member in the back yard first, and once that goes well, we let them in the house. Keep a watchful eye when they play so it won't get too rough, since the pup will be a lot smaller. Just remember the pup will still need plenty of sleep, so let them play for a short time, and then it's nap time. Try to show both the same attention so one will not get jealous, especially the older bully. Sometimes at first, you will need to show the older bully even more attention until things settle down. After awhile, they should be best buds.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

13. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations and…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

15. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Wow... the gang has you covered!

Congrats.... can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

17. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Country
    U.S
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pumba
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much! i'm so excited to see my new lit girl! My concern is we live in apartment building and since the new girl (btw her name is going to be 'Timon') is still too young and hasn't finished all her vaccine so pumba and her can't meet outside, it will be in our apartment. I don't know how that will turn out. Hopefully pumba won't be jealous and they can get along just fine. But I will be prepared! Finger crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! Thank you so much! Yes,the new girl's name is going to be Timon. Pumba and Timon. Haha

19. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    U.S
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pumba
    Likes (Received)

Rosie is so adorable! Thank you so much for the suggestions! They are way too cute. You have to get another one and another and another. It's like addicting.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

21. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads