I did it. I'm getting another bulldog.

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
So I have a male EB who is 7 months old. His name is Pumba. He is very friendly and loving. We love him so much. And I feel bad when we are out working he has to be at home alone. So We decided to get another one. We always talk about it and boom!! We just did it today. We are getting a female EB puppy who is 6 weeks old now. I will pick her up in mid june. Now I am really excited about this. But also nervous. I really want to post this and want to seek some suggestions on what to do when I introduce the new girl to our home. And what's not to do. Things like that. I can't fall asleep tonight. It's very overwhelming. Please help. Thank you!!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Congratulations:) It will probably go well since Pumba is still so young.

I would start by introducing them on neutral ground, so Pumba won't feel that she's intruding on his space. We usually take our dogs out for a walk with the new dog, it's a good way for them to bond.

Bulldogs are pretty sensitive, he might feel jealous. My Boeboe was incredibly unhappy when we brought home Bennie. She was about 6 months old and Bennie was 10 weeks. Boeboe was sulking for a week, sometimes even sitting in a corner facing the wall, aww. I felt so bad, but she came around:) I'm not gonna lie, they're not great friends, they never cuddle but they do play with each other which is very fun to watch.

I think it's easier though to first have the male and get the female second, I personally think females are more difficult in general.

Also maybe be prepared for a step back in potty training with Pumba, when he sees the new puppy peeing inside he might feel he can do it too:ashamed: it happens sometimes but not always.

Can't wait for pic of the "siblings"!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So I have a male EB who is 7 months old. His name is Pumba. He is very friendly and loving. We love him so much. And I feel bad when we are out working he has to be at home alone. So We decided to get another one. We always talk about it and boom!! We just did it today. We are getting a female EB puppy who is 6 weeks old now. I will pick her up in mid june. Now I am really excited about this. But also nervous. I really want to post this and want to seek some suggestions on what to do when I introduce the new girl to our home. And what's not to do. Things like that. I can't fall asleep tonight. It's very overwhelming. Please help. Thank you!!!!

Hi, I agree with Petra's great advice, puma is still so young, so I'm sure they will be fast friends. I also have two, but my guys are siblings and litter mates, so have been together since birth, we brought them home at the same time, so they were used to each other. I think it will be fine, because Pumba is still a baby. I just wanted to say Congratulations on your new baby, how exciting. I can't wait to meet her, and for your pictures. Have you thought of any names for her yet?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
104.jpg002.jpgDay 3 Rosie 052.JPG069.jpg

So happy for you and excited , I agree as your guys will be so close to the same age I should think all will be well , just do it all with the two of them snuggle, play ect ect
I would get a bed for each , feed them separate as in different rooms set those type of ground rules right away less conflict later as they get older , but include both with yourself all the time so they get the same amount of attention , sooner or later they will play with each other and all the better when your at work .
Rosie came into a large older pack so it was different for us but worked out very very well she had no hesitation playing with the big guys supervised by Me so it did not get to rough for her at as these pics were taken 9 weeks old .
Ok now I want another one I knew this would happen if I read this post lol , I am so excited we will need tons of pics for there first meeting and of course to be updated every few minutes lol

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Petra took he words right out of my pen....so all I can say on my behalf is Congratulations!

Congratulations:) It will probably go well since Pumba is still so young.

I would start by introducing them on neutral ground, so Pumba won't feel that she's intruding on his space. We usually take our dogs out for a walk with the new dog, it's a good way for them to bond.

Bulldogs are pretty sensitive, he might feel jealous. My Boeboe was incredibly unhappy when we brought home Bennie. She was about 6 months old and Bennie was 10 weeks. Boeboe was sulking for a week, sometimes even sitting in a corner facing the wall, aww. I felt so bad, but she came around:) I'm not gonna lie, they're not great friends, they never cuddle but they do play with each other which is very fun to watch.

I think it's easier though to first have the male and get the female second, I personally think females are more difficult in general.

Also maybe be prepared for a step back in potty training with Pumba, when he sees the new puppy peeing inside he might feel he can do it too:ashamed: it happens sometimes but not always.

Can't wait for pic of the "siblings"!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Mine are siblings but brought them home 6 weeks apart. They did have a rough beginning, but now they are the best of friends. They cuddle all the time and are great play mates. They will get used to one another- just have patience.

This was the reunion after 6 weeks of being apart. We were picking up Penny from the breeder and brought Lockjaw with us.

f2b5bb31f1c958b8bf5451d071e9960a.jpg

This is them now!

https://vimeo.com/168370759

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats on your new pup, so exciting. Great advice above. We usually introduce a new member in the back yard first, and once that goes well, we let them in the house. Keep a watchful eye when they play so it won't get too rough, since the pup will be a lot smaller. Just remember the pup will still need plenty of sleep, so let them play for a short time, and then it's nap time. Try to show both the same attention so one will not get jealous, especially the older bully. Sometimes at first, you will need to show the older bully even more attention until things settle down. After awhile, they should be best buds.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations and…

:pics:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... the gang has you covered!

Congrats.... can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!

OP
Pumba

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Thank you so much! i'm so excited to see my new lit girl! My concern is we live in apartment building and since the new girl (btw her name is going to be 'Timon') is still too young and hasn't finished all her vaccine so pumba and her can't meet outside, it will be in our apartment. I don't know how that will turn out. Hopefully pumba won't be jealous and they can get along just fine. But I will be prepared! Finger crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! Thank you so much! Yes,the new girl's name is going to be Timon. Pumba and Timon. Haha

OP
Pumba

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Rosie is so adorable! Thank you so much for the suggestions! They are way too cute. You have to get another one and another and another. It's like addicting.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

OP
Pumba

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
OMG! They are the cutest thing ever how they sleep together! I hope my babies will be the same!

OP
Pumba

Pumba

May 27, 2016
Country
U.S
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Thank you so much for the advice! My main concern is that we live in apartment buildings where their first time of meeting has to be in our apartment. I don't know how it will turn out. Finger crossed!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.