What's with all the sick and hurt EB's?

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Add Diesel to the list of the injured. Poor guy was chasing our lab @ the park last week and his front leg dropped into a hole. The guy did a summersault and got up and cried a bit. He's been limping a bit and his leg kind of slides out from underneath when weight bearing. He doesn't hurt when I touch, squeeze, extend or rub the leg or shoulder, but it's obviously hurting and more so by the end of the night. I figured he sprained it, but it's over a week now.

He's scheduled for tomorrow to get checked out @ his bulldog vet. Hoping he doesn't require surgery or anything big. Keep this poor guy in your thoughts and prayers.

4cab3023f8f582a74e344fb72dc7c571.jpg

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
Poor little guy. Hope it's something very minor.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Deisel, good luck at your vet visit. :pray:Hope you feel better soon!

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Poor Diesel!! Hope it's not serious. You're both in our prayers... also sending warm thoughts for a good outcome! :assurred:

OP
Brian Karn

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Well, I'm hoping we're in the clear. Vet thinks likely hyperextension of tendons. No sign of a break and she doubts surgery is needed as he managed to get through her manipulation of bone and muscle just fine. Bed rest for a few weeks and a prescription of Carprieve (anti-inflammatories) for 2 weeks.

Now it's just going to be a nightmare keeping him off his feet!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Well, I'm hoping we're in the clear. Vet thinks likely hyperextension of tendons. No sign of a break and she doubts surgery is needed as he managed to get through her manipulation of bone and muscle just fine. Bed rest for a few weeks and a prescription of Carprieve (anti-inflammatories) for 2 weeks.

What a relief!!! So glad to hear this good news! :boogie:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

that is good news..... keeping him calm is fun, real fun.... but use the leash as much as you can and lift if when possible. I'm dealing with it for our French Bulldog --- man, keeping a Frechie calm is no easy task at all.

Good luck and sending lots of positive thoughts

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
:pray2: Hope all is well, and rest is all that is needed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.