Looking for something to do in Michigan this weekend?

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
Hi All,

If you havenā€™t got plans this weekend and live in Michigan (or surrounding) there is a fun ā€œDog Bowlā€ in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Weā€™ve gone the last 5 or 6 years and itā€™s a FREE dog and kid friendly event. They have all kind of events (that we just watch), lots of vendors, and hundreds (maybe thousands) of all kinds of dogs walking around. They have a small ā€œdog parkā€ set up in the middle for potty and they have kiddie pools with hoses for the dogs to cool off on hot days.

Frankenmuth is a replica of a Bavarian town that has small shops and wonderful restaurants. For this event the shops open their doors to dogs (bully air conditioning :yes:) and of course all of the events that are offeredā€¦. Below are links to information.

Brochure: http://dogfunfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Dog-Bowl-2016-Brochure-Web.pdf
Website: Home | Dog Bowl Fun (click under events and description of events for information on each)

*We stayed at a hotel a few years ago, but I had to make reservations 7 months in advance to get a pet friendly room. So it may be hard to find a pet friendly hotel in the area.
* One more thingā€¦ If you come get there earlyā€¦ by 11:00 the closer parking is full and you will have to walk about a block. Youā€™ll find that some people make a day of it grilling by their car or doing a picnic lunchā€¦

Has anybody else been to this?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like a fun time, hope you get to take some pics to share. :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Unfortunately, I'm a bit too far out. Please post some pics and I hope you have great weather.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that sounds like a great time..... have a blast and please post some pictures

clemdawg

May 24, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mutley
Hi All,

If you havenā€™t got plans this weekend and live in Michigan (or surrounding) there is a fun ā€œDog Bowlā€ in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Weā€™ve gone the last 5 or 6 years and itā€™s a FREE dog and kid friendly event. They have all kind of events (that we just watch), lots of vendors, and hundreds (maybe thousands) of all kinds of dogs walking around. They have a small ā€œdog parkā€ set up in the middle for potty and they have kiddie pools with hoses for the dogs to cool off on hot days.

Frankenmuth is a replica of a Bavarian town that has small shops and wonderful restaurants. For this event the shops open their doors to dogs (bully air conditioning :yes:) and of course all of the events that are offeredā€¦. Below are links to information.

Brochure: http://dogfunfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Dog-Bowl-2016-Brochure-Web.pdf
Website: Home | Dog Bowl Fun (click under events and description of events for information on each)

*We stayed at a hotel a few years ago, but I had to make reservations 7 months in advance to get a pet friendly room. So it may be hard to find a pet friendly hotel in the area.
* One more thingā€¦ If you come get there earlyā€¦ by 11:00 the closer parking is full and you will have to walk about a block. Youā€™ll find that some people make a day of it grilling by their car or doing a picnic lunchā€¦

Has anybody else been to this?
I wont be able to attend. Will pics be shown on here of the event?

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

OP
NicosMom

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
I wont be able to attend. Will pics be shown on here of the event?

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Yup, I'll post pictures when we get back. I couldn't find the ones we took last year.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have been to this event! I had a booth for my dog food several years ago. We had a great time! I love Frankenmuth! The best Christmas store in the world is there!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I will have to put this on the calendar for next year. Heck...maybe EBN should set up a booth at this event @bullmama .

Well that is a 600 mile trip for the gang and if we were headed that way there is a bunch of construction ongoing.

It absolutely looks like a good time and we will have to put this in as a bookmark for future reference. Thanks for sharing [MENTION=13584]NicosMom[/MENTION] .

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.