Is my rescue an OEB? Pictures inc

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
We always thought Penny was a big bulldog but now that we have Bristol I am wondering if she isn't an Olde English Bulldog. Two of my vets said they thought she was just a big English but her eye doctor thought she had some olde English in her. She is the red in my pictures and Bristol is the Brindle
I thought I would ask y'all
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Re: Is my rescue and OEB? Pictures inc

She does look like an Olde to me.... what a beautiful girl :) And Bristol's face in that first pic is just too CUTE!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Beautiful bullies!!! They are gorgeous! Now about my Bully Canelo. He is an English Bulldog (not OEB), BUT I think he came from McDonalds and we got him super sized. He currently weighs 69 lbs and that's after working with him to loose 10 lbs. He's big, but he's in Texas where everything should be bigger and he's bigger, lol.

His parents were big but we learned that the bullies in America have a lot of cross breeding. Your bullies look great!!!!! Their size is good and they don't look "fluffy" like our Canelo, which is GREAT!!

To give you some perspective here is my Canelo killing my mother and sister. He thinks he's a lapdog, lol!!!

3dad47a2164a63191d8631785bf293e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, she does look like she has some Olde English in her. You can tell by the longer nose.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Beautiful bullies!!! They are gorgeous! Now about my Bully Canelo. He is an English Bulldog (not OEB), BUT I think he came from McDonalds and we got him super sized. He currently weighs 69 lbs and that's after working with him to loose 10 lbs. He's big, but he's in Texas where everything should be bigger and he's bigger, lol.

His parents were big but we learned that the bullies in America have a lot of cross breeding. Your bullies look great!!!!! Their size is good and they don't look "fluffy" like our Canelo, which is GREAT!!

To give you some perspective here is my Canelo killing my mother and sister. He thinks he's a lapdog, lol!!!

3dad47a2164a63191d8631785bf293e1.jpg

haven't heard from you in a while Canelo. Glad to see you.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
We always thought Penny was a big bulldog but now that we have Bristol I am wondering if she isn't an Olde English Bulldog. Two of my vets said they thought she was just a big English but her eye doctor thought she had some olde English in her. She is the red in my pictures and Bristol is the Brindle
I thought I would ask y'all
View attachment 98592
View attachment 98593
View attachment 98594

She is a beautiful olde in my eyes. So long that she is healthy, loved and taken care of, that's all that matters.:yes:

OP
Pennyblossom

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
I agree her pedigree doesn't matter to us. She is the heart of our family. But does it change anything at all as far as health, care, life span ?

MrsD161

Mar 6, 2016
Kentucky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dewey
The OEB actually has less health problems than the standard EB, so chances are you wont have to worry as much with the respiratory / cardiac problems as you would with an EB. OEB are typically more athletic as well and do better with the cold/heat where EBs do not.

MrsD161

Mar 6, 2016
Kentucky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dewey
image.jpeg
Here is a photo of our OEB if you'd like to compare. He is only 6 months. Your dog is beautiful btw!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala 3 months  2015.jpg
3months

Nyala 4 months old.jpg
4 months

Helping out.jpg
6 months

Nyala 8 months old.jpg
8 months

Now Nyala is SUPPOSED to be a mini bully. She's now is at 37lbs. Got Nyala as a carry on when I travel so she can come with me... pfffft !!!

Attachments

• Nyala 3 months old.jpg
    Nyala 3 months old.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 158

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Looks like an OEB to me, this is our Abbott!!
90d36c1464be95093957182e852b68f8.jpg
And the health issues are the same in my experience,if your lucky they are all healthy but in our case we have had multiple eye surgeries of entropion and he'll be undergoing ligament repair on his left knee soon but I wouldn't trade my babies for anything [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I don't know enough yet to be able to tell, BUT what I can say is that I LOVE PENNY AND BRISTOL!!! They look beautiful, happy, healthy, HUGGABLE :)

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Canelo just turned 5 and I've been worried and prepared about health issues. When he was 4 months old, a cherry eye popped up. At the same time we were considering weather to have him fixed or not. We live south of Houston, TX and we were pointed to Brittmoore Animal Clinic, the Bully Vets! Great vets, you walk in the waiting room and it looks like a bully convention, lol. The vet looked at the cherry eye and said surgery was needed, he looked at Canelo's stuff and determined one tentacle hadn't dropped and wasn't going to. Apparently that would increase the risk of cancer so we did the cherry eye and neutering at the same time there.

Since then, no other major issues have come up other than his weight. He was 79 lbs at one time, we started working on his food. He does have yeast problems with his skin but I have found that Zignature Duck Formula keeps the yeast away. And we almost lost him last year to over heating in my new car while we were all in it. I got a 4Runner and set the back up for the pups with a divider so they can't climb in the back seat, matts and beds. Our first trip is what did it while the temps outside were great, we are talking about a closed car with the A/C running. As I'm trying to ice Canelo down who won't walk, won't drink, has a very purple tongue and red eyes, Husband says I'm over reacting. Well I picked up a 69 lb bully, loaded him in the truck we always used to transport him, it's a king cab, air pointed on him, called an ER vet, told them I was coming and to have a gurney ready, left Husband standing there. Yes he was in trouble. I got to the ER vet and he went immediately into trauma care. He also threw up in the truck on the way so when Husband arrived at the vet, I sent him out to deal with it while I was with the vet approving treatment. When Husband was done he came inside and when he saw and heard what was going on, it finally snapped in his head what was happening and reality sunk in. We almost lost Nelo. He stayed overnight in an oxygen cage with IVs and monitoring.

So my point is, yes they over heat fast. Now I have a 6" fan on the divider AND I found a thermostat in which I have in the back with the dogs and the monitor in the driving area so I can monitor the temps with the dogs all the time. I paid $12 for it at Walmart, great little device. I also make sure all a/c vents are fully opened and pointed towards the back. I even carry the spare key so if we have to stop, I leave the vehicle running, a/c on full blast lock it manually from the outside and don't go far from it. For example we stopped to eat and I parked the 4Runner under a tree, locked it up and sat next to a window so I could keep an eye on the 4Runner. When we finished and got back in, the 4Runner was ice cold so now the pups have a nice comfortable area to travel in. My point, watch them and make sure they don't get hot. Nelo is a superstar at Petsmart, that's where he got his puppy training so when we go in, he makes a b-line for the trainer and usually participates in the class to show off his skills. Even there the staff watch him for over heating and he has gotten a little hot but never too hot.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online