Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is my rescue an OEB? Pictures inc

I don't know enough yet to be able to tell, BUT what I can say is that I LOVE PENNY AND BRISTOL!!! They look beautiful, happy, healthy, HUGGABLE
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

2. Likes helsonwheels, bullmama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'd like to echo @sisters3 comments. Beautiful bullies.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Canelo just turned 5 and I've been worried and prepared about health issues. When he was 4 months old, a cherry eye popped up. At the same time we were considering weather to have him fixed or not. We live south of Houston, TX and we were pointed to Brittmoore Animal Clinic, the Bully Vets! Great vets, you walk in the waiting room and it looks like a bully convention, lol. The vet looked at the cherry eye and said surgery was needed, he looked at Canelo's stuff and determined one tentacle hadn't dropped and wasn't going to. Apparently that would increase the risk of cancer so we did the cherry eye and neutering at the same time there.

Since then, no other major issues have come up other than his weight. He was 79 lbs at one time, we started working on his food. He does have yeast problems with his skin but I have found that Zignature Duck Formula keeps the yeast away. And we almost lost him last year to over heating in my new car while we were all in it. I got a 4Runner and set the back up for the pups with a divider so they can't climb in the back seat, matts and beds. Our first trip is what did it while the temps outside were great, we are talking about a closed car with the A/C running. As I'm trying to ice Canelo down who won't walk, won't drink, has a very purple tongue and red eyes, Husband says I'm over reacting. Well I picked up a 69 lb bully, loaded him in the truck we always used to transport him, it's a king cab, air pointed on him, called an ER vet, told them I was coming and to have a gurney ready, left Husband standing there. Yes he was in trouble. I got to the ER vet and he went immediately into trauma care. He also threw up in the truck on the way so when Husband arrived at the vet, I sent him out to deal with it while I was with the vet approving treatment. When Husband was done he came inside and when he saw and heard what was going on, it finally snapped in his head what was happening and reality sunk in. We almost lost Nelo. He stayed overnight in an oxygen cage with IVs and monitoring.

So my point is, yes they over heat fast. Now I have a 6" fan on the divider AND I found a thermostat in which I have in the back with the dogs and the monitor in the driving area so I can monitor the temps with the dogs all the time. I paid $12 for it at Walmart, great little device. I also make sure all a/c vents are fully opened and pointed towards the back. I even carry the spare key so if we have to stop, I leave the vehicle running, a/c on full blast lock it manually from the outside and don't go far from it. For example we stopped to eat and I parked the 4Runner under a tree, locked it up and sat next to a window so I could keep an eye on the 4Runner. When we finished and got back in, the 4Runner was ice cold so now the pups have a nice comfortable area to travel in. My point, watch them and make sure they don't get hot. Nelo is a superstar at Petsmart, that's where he got his puppy training so when we go in, he makes a b-line for the trainer and usually participates in the class to show off his skills. Even there the staff watch him for over heating and he has gotten a little hot but never too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyblossom View Post
    I agree ---- she does look to have OEB, the longer nose is tell tale sign and it is good for her breathing!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree with everyone, she's gorgeous and looks like she is at least part OEB because of the longer snout more than anything, but that will be a benefit to her respiratory system

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads