Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yeast Infections and a new vet

Real Name
    Polly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Yeast Infections and a new vet

At first I balked at the thought that this was a grass-related allergy. Porkchop has not had any issues with these cysts except when I first got him 4 years ago and that was pretty minor. Four years later...I did notice a new kind of weed in the yard that spreads like clover. I have been hand-weeding them for the last couple of months because they choke out my grass. I don't use herbicides because my little backyard is a butterfly/bird habitat. It will be interesting to see if Pork's ailments go away once I win the weed battle.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by paw7004 View Post
    At first I balked at the thought that this was a grass-related allergy. Porkchop has not had any issues with these cysts except when I first got him 4 years ago and that was pretty minor. Four years later...I did notice a new kind of weed in the yard that spreads like clover. I have been hand-weeding them for the last couple of months because they choke out my grass. I don't use herbicides because my little backyard is a butterfly/bird habitat. It will be interesting to see if Pork's ailments go away once I win the weed battle.
    Lambeau is allergic to 'pigweed' which seems to want to take over our yard this year... I never heard of it till we did his allergy tests and bang, it is now trying to invade our yard. Good luck!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

The biggest problem with antibiotics is that they will kill the good bacteria as well and as soon as the regimen is done the yeast is likely to strike again....and then the vet gives you another round of antibiotics and you're deeper in again....I can't stress enough the importance of good balance in the digestive system and the colon. Antibiotics wreak havoc in there and leave the dog (and us humans) again with less immunity to fight with, for one, yeast. Probiotics in a pill form are good, but fresh sauerkraute (not from the jar) is a great addition. And most bulldogs have had their first round of antibiotics in their mothers milk, since most are delivered through c-section.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads