Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board.

I joined out of desperation for answers, and found much more than that. You guys have gotten me emotionally through 4 months of Frith's pneumonia. You have helped me ask the right questions--when I learned about the small tracheas here and asked our vet--he said that could be the reason this is hanging on--lets try something new. I learned here about tenting in the kennel for her lungs--tremendous strides. I also learned about allergies, and though my vet will not test until a dog is 2 years old--frith is congested in the nose the last couple of days, and I checked the pollen levels--tree pollen off the charts. From this site, I know benadryl dosages, and she breathes easier.

So just a big thank you all.:D

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I love it too:drawheart: I had my bulldogs for two years before I found out about this site and I honestly don't know how I kept them AND myself alive during that time, lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:up: so, so awesome! this is exactly what we are here for.... help and support an bonus of sharing pictures and all the fun. So happy it is all helping to get your baby well.

BTW -- my vet will not do allergy testing till age 2 either, unless there is a strong reason to, which with Lambeau he did. We did Lambeau at 17 months due to constant hotspots on his paws --- his results came back with pretty much everything green... pine tress, dandelions, pigweed, another weed, several grasses and lamb, which I was feeding at the time. :facepalm:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I'm very happy for you and your Frith.
I came here with expectation of sharing what I've learned about Bulldogs over the past 21 years and to learn a little on the way. I'm pleased to report that I've learned much more than I ever expected.
I'd also like to thank the forum members and mods for being the most information rich and well-behaved forum ever. No bad attitudes, no misinformation, lots of well-informed opinions, and just a pleasant place to visit all the way around.
Great job guys!

And Anna, some recent pics of Frith would be nice!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This site "IS" one of the best site ive seen for bullies. When I got Nyala she didn't have any issues I just wanted to read up on what owners had to say about bullies. Even well educated on dogs I wasnt on bullies. A breed on it's own. The more I read on bullies on other sites the more I was telling myself "WTH" did I buy? 90% all negative on bullies and better set thousands of dollars aside for them :( She had so far crystals about over a month having her and switched to home cooking which fixed that problem and a cherry eye which she had it fix when she got spayed. Sure paying more attention on her on health wise than all my other dog. Ive learned so much on bullies cause of this site. Everyone is ready to jump in to answer your questions. Im so glad there is other post in here than just negative ones. I dont mean to say that in a bad way cause 200% we are all here to help each other but nice to read "good funny" threads once in awhile so we can laugh and not just cry, or all these funny photos of our bullies that puts a smile on our faces, or what stupid things our bullies do and we are all reading cracking up sure is a great touch. THANK YOU EBN!!!! Now you work on getting us a live forum chat so we can all jump in talk to each other at the same time. :w00t:

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
This site "IS" one of the best site ive seen for bullies. THANK YOU EBN!!!! Now you work on getting us a live forum chat so we can all jump in talk to each other at the same time. :w00t:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! A LIVE CHAT FORUM!!! :happydance::jumpdance::jumpdance::happydance:What a great idea helsonwheels!

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I'd also like to thank the forum members and mods for being the most information rich and well-behaved forum ever. No bad attitudes, no misinformation, lots of well-informed opinions, and just a pleasant place to visit all the way around.
Great job guys!

Thank you Chip for adding that comment! I couldn't agree more!

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board.

I joined out of desperation for answers, and found much more than that. You guys have gotten me emotionally through 4 months of Frith's pneumonia. You have helped me ask the right questions... From this site, I know benadryl dosages, and she breathes easier.

So just a big thank you all.:D

EBN is a better place because of you, Anna! I love reading your insightful, compassionate and often humorous posts. So Thank YOU!! :grouphug::grouphug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This site "IS" one of the best site ive seen for bullies. When I got Nyala she didn't have any issues I just wanted to read up on what owners had to say about bullies. Even well educated on dogs I wasnt on bullies. A breed on it's own. The more I read on bullies on other sites the more I was telling myself "WTH" did I buy? 90% all negative on bullies and better set thousands of dollars aside for them :( She had so far crystals about over a month having her and switched to home cooking which fixed that problem and a cherry eye which she had it fix when she got spayed. Sure paying more attention on her on health wise than all my other dog. Ive learned so much on bullies cause of this site. Everyone is ready to jump in to answer your questions. Im so glad there is other post in here than just negative ones. I dont mean to say that in a bad way cause 200% we are all here to help each other but nice to read "good funny" threads once in awhile so we can laugh and not just cry, or all these funny photos of our bullies that puts a smile on our faces, or what stupid things our bullies do and we are all reading cracking up sure is a great touch. THANK YOU EBN!!!! Now you work on getting us a live forum chat so we can all jump in talk to each other at the same time. :w00t:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! A LIVE CHAT FORUM!!! :happydance::jumpdance::jumpdance::happydance:What a great idea helsonwheels!

We do have one, but it really slows down the site. [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] -- is that still an issue?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes, live chat calls too many queries in the database. It's fine for those who have very fast internet, but not for those who don't. It can also cause glitches in other areas. We had it for a very long time but we discovered in the in "less is more"!

Excellent post btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I and Castor totally agree - this is such a great place!

OP
Frith

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I came here with expectation of sharing what I've learned about Bulldogs over the past 21 years and to learn a little on the way. I'm pleased to report that I've learned much more than I ever expected.
Great job guys!

And Anna, some recent pics of Frith would be nice!

Sorry, I always forget my camera. So we took a walk today with pictures as the main goal....And I still forgot to take a lot.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I second this post!!!!!! The members here saved me!! I am a new bully mama and would never have made it alone. GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

I really don't think you understand....live chat......sheeeeeeeeet.....I am an H.P.C. computer user....Hunt Peck and Cuss. Heck if I joined a conversation....it be over before I got my thoughts down on this here computer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.