will my bully love me?

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
hey guys sorry for the silly title, i have kind of a long question but i would really appreciate the help, i am from mexico and i live there but right now at this moment i am studying in texas and ill be here until may,the problem is that all my life i've wanted a bully and finally i got the chance of having one, the problem is that this puppy i was waiting for was born in december 2010, but i am stuck here for a couple of extra months, the puppy is almost 3 months old, I dont know him i've just skyped and seen pics and vids my brother has sent me, the dog is mine, but my brother is the one that takes care of him, my question is that when i go back would the bully be more attached to my brother because he took care of him from month 2-5 or will I be able to be his favorite someday, u know sometimes dogs have, their "favorite" person. well sorry to bother u guys thanks for the replies!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Welcome [MENTION=1865]donuat[/MENTION] ! Congrats on the bully puppy! I've had Annabella since she was 7 weeks old. I swear she acts happier to see total strangers more than she does when I come in the door! But that is the nature of bullies...they love people! I'm sure your puppy will love you just as much when you get him home! Least you are missing out on the worst part of him teething! Can't wait to see pics of Angus!

OP
donuat

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
thank you angel, of course i will upload some pics of him! thank you very much!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Your bully will probably love you, your couch, your items, you food, your brother, and anything else! One thing about bullies, they are naturally friendly. I have only had one who ever played shy. I would not worry too much. Of course you will need to catch up on some bonding time that your brother is already getting the chance to do, but eventually it is going to be who is wanting to be with the bully that is going to be the one who feeds, snuggles, pets, ect. Most bullies do not know a stranger, and will thrive on affection. Cannot wait to see pictures!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Oh my gosh!! He is so freakin cute!! :heart: I think my Annabella needs a boyfriend! I know you're excited to get back and take him home!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He is so handsome. I know you are excited to get to him. He will love you. He will be a little older, but if you love him, take care of him and give him a great home, he will love you!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
he is precious! bullies love everyone. what i have found with mine is that they love who ever has food the most! lol. i got butler when he was 2-3 yrs old and he is my cuddle bug shadow! no matter where i am or what i am doing, he is right there by my side. he loves my hubby too and has a hard time deciding who to cuddle with when we are both home at the same time. Your bully will love you and never hold it against you that you were gone. :)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
He is ADORABLE!

He'll love you. :) As everyone said, bullies are super friendly and don't know the meaning of the word "stranger."

Funny story. My bullie, Delilah, is almost too friendly. She thinks everyone loves her and is constantly going up to get petted by people. The other day, someone down the street had their car door open and was unloading groceries. Delilah decided she wanted to say hi and bolted down the street and jumped into his car. x.x Omg I was mortified and so embarrassed. Luckily, the guy thought it was funny and Delilah made a friend..haha

L

Lucy-licious

Angus is a very handsome little fella, that middle picture of him jumping is too cute for words and I suggest you enter it in the photo of the month competition :)

Bulldogs love everyone so no problem there and as long as your the one feeding and snuggling him he will love you too :heart:
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] you forgot to mention our bullies most loved items shoes! slippers, socks, and underwear oh and the odd flip flop :lol:

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeell, I'm not going to BS ya. Bulldogs do love everybody........but bonding is another issue. Trust doesn't happen over night and bulldogs have looooooooooong memories. So you got to shower them with kindness and understanding. I mean understanding that they are adjusting to a new environment and new rules. Be patient and committed and the reward will be a friend for a long time to share your life's together. Oh yeah......one thing......crossing the borders.........make sure you keep updated on all his shots! Otherwise he'll be stuck in Mexico.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
yes he will! :heart: i got my Bullet when he was 7.5 months old. i know he loves me. we have quality time together and he follows me everywhere. there wasn't ONE DAY that he seemed sad when we brought him home from the previous owner. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online