Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 21

Thread: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

  1. #1
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,799
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2617

    Default Chunky just lost my trust in him!!



    After almost two months of allowing Chunky to have free run of the house he decided to chew up the door frame going into one of the most frequented rooms in the house. He had chewed some when he was 4-6 months but hadn't since and will be a year old next wednesday. I really hate to start leaving him confined to the mudroom again but I am afraid he is going to destroy more of the house.

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #2
    Dog Groomer KimDe's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    558
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)
    578

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    Mine just did that too at 1 year old. He was getting free reign of the house while we were home until he did that. Back to supervised time.

    Although maybe he was just punishing me for leaving him for a week to travel for work.

  4. Likes Chunky White liked this post
  5. #3
    Dog Park Attendant TheLost's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    443
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    Our two year old Chunky (aka.. Kevin.. but most people still call him Chunk) has been on Double Secret Probation from the day he was born. While he has never eaten a door frame.. he has destroyed a coffee table, two kitchen table chairs and a ottoman. And that's not even counting the fathomless amount of shoes, clothing and electronics (How he got that Xbox One out of the cabinet i don't know).

    Lately he has some type of vendetta against Xfinity cable remotes... We are on our 6th remote. Part of the blame needs to be on the kids for not putting them away.. but i SWEAR comcast is putting some type of dog treat in these things that makes him want to destroy them!!



    (Luckily they sell them in '5 packs' on Ebay)

    The only advice i can give you is to put your Homeowner Insurance agent's phone number on speed dial..

  6. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,218
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11549

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    uh-oh!

    We crate our guys when we are not at home.... just safer all the way around. House stays in pone piece and they do not get the chance to eat something that might not come out
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes Chunky White liked this post
  8. #5
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    Yea- mine are crated while we are away. Lockjaw has recently taken a liking to shoes. I found both of them tag teaming one of my favorite comfy work shoes. While I'm positive Penny would do great free roaming. I don't trust Lockjaw. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


  9. Likes Chunky White, Jersey liked this post
  10. #6
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    53
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dukie (Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    78

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    They seem to go through another teething phase chewing phase around 11 months. Every dog I've ever had has done the same thing around the 1 year mark

  11. #7
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,799
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2617

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    I'm sure a lot of the blame could be on me for letting him have the freedom of free run of the house. He had done well and not chewed any part of the house in months so I thought it was okay letting him run free. He had the whole house except for the bedrooms and the baths.

    It just sucks that I now do not feel I can let him out of the mudroom when I am not home or in bed. He literally did all of todays damage in less than 5 minutes but I will have to replace the who door frame most likely. I have never crated him unless I was cleaning his room and he was trying to fight the broom or mop. His room isn't that big anyway and it kept him from using the bathroom in his crate. Luckily he hasn't went in the house in a long time

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  12. #8
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,709
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3634

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    We always crate when away...for the protection of the home and more importantly, the bullies.
    The line has been crossed and you must act accordingly. Unfortunately, crate, or continue to have issues.

  13. Likes Jersey liked this post
  14. #9
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,799
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2617

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Our two year old Chunky (aka.. Kevin.. but most people still call him Chunk) has been on Double Secret Probation from the day he was born. While he has never eaten a door frame.. he has destroyed a coffee table, two kitchen table chairs and a ottoman. And that's not even counting the fathomless amount of shoes, clothing and electronics (How he got that Xbox One out of the cabinet i don't know).

    Lately he has some type of vendetta against Xfinity cable remotes... We are on our 6th remote. Part of the blame needs to be on the kids for not putting them away.. but i SWEAR comcast is putting some type of dog treat in these things that makes him want to destroy them!!



    (Luckily they sell them in '5 packs' on Ebay)

    The only advice i can give you is to put your Homeowner Insurance agent's phone number on speed dial..
    Great nickname and I like the Animal House reference. Maybe I should of called my Chunky "Bluto". Our Chunky's are similar in looks also

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  15. Likes Jersey liked this post
  16. #10
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,661
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2078

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    @Chunky White OMG my heart sank when I read this.....Uggggggg!!!! Joey will be a year old in a few weeks and as you know I've set her free now since February. WITH CAMERAS at all times though so that I can catch her in the act if need be. BUT she has continued to be just fine even with me being away on business and the dog sitter coming in and out of the house.

    Educate me please....were there any triggers for this behavior? How long were you gone? Did she have to go to the bathroom maybe? Anything ??
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  17. #11
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,799
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2617

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    @Chunky White OMG my heart sank when I read this.....Uggggggg!!!! Joey will be a year old in a few weeks and as you know I've set her free now since February. WITH CAMERAS at all times though so that I can catch her in the act if need be. BUT she has continued to be just fine even with me being away on business and the dog sitter coming in and out of the house.

    Educate me please....were there any triggers for this behavior? How long were you gone? Did she have to go to the bathroom maybe? Anything ??

    He was only alone this time long enough for me to take a shower and walk back out. He has been free to roam most of the house 90% of the time and I have no idea what triggered him to do that. He's been back to that spot twice since looking at it like he is about to go back to chewing it so I am watching him and keeping him close. I was hoping this wouldn't happen because I am getting ready to go back to work and wouldn't mind if he could be out of his room if I could trust him not to destroy the house or furniture. Luckily he hasn't got into furniture because I can fix the house cheaper than buy new couches

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  18. #12
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,661
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2078

    Default Re: Chunky just lost my trust in him!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    He was only alone this time long enough for me to take a shower and walk back out. He has been free to roam most of the house 90% of the time and I have no idea what triggered him to do that. He's been back to that spot twice since looking at it like he is about to go back to chewing it so I am watching him and keeping him close. I was hoping this wouldn't happen because I am getting ready to go back to work and wouldn't mind if he could be out of his room if I could trust him not to destroy the house or furniture. Luckily he hasn't got into furniture because I can fix the house cheaper than buy new couches
    Oh man.....so you were home? Ugggggggg
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •