Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
:yell:

After almost two months of allowing Chunky to have free run of the house he decided to chew up the door frame going into one of the most frequented rooms in the house. He had chewed some when he was 4-6 months but hadn't since and will be a year old next wednesday. I really hate to start leaving him confined to the mudroom again but I am afraid he is going to destroy more of the house. :chapped:

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Mine just did that too at 1 year old. He was getting free reign of the house while we were home until he did that. Back to supervised time.

Although maybe he was just punishing me for leaving him for a week to travel for work.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Our two year old Chunky (aka.. Kevin.. but most people still call him Chunk) has been on Double Secret Probation from the day he was born. While he has never eaten a door frame.. he has destroyed a coffee table, two kitchen table chairs and a ottoman. And that's not even counting the fathomless amount of shoes, clothing and electronics (How he got that Xbox One out of the cabinet i don't know).

Lately he has some type of vendetta against Xfinity cable remotes... We are on our 6th remote. Part of the blame needs to be on the kids for not putting them away.. but i SWEAR comcast is putting some type of dog treat in these things that makes him want to destroy them!!

remote.jpg

(Luckily they sell them in '5 packs' on Ebay)

The only advice i can give you is to put your Homeowner Insurance agent's phone number on speed dial..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
uh-oh!

We crate our guys when we are not at home.... just safer all the way around. House stays in pone piece and they do not get the chance to eat something that might not come out

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Yea- mine are crated while we are away. Lockjaw has recently taken a liking to shoes. I found both of them tag teaming one of my favorite comfy work shoes. [emoji35] While I'm positive Penny would do great free roaming. I don't trust Lockjaw. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dukiesmom

Feb 8, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dukie (Duke)
They seem to go through another teething phase chewing phase around 11 months. Every dog I've ever had has done the same thing around the 1 year mark

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I'm sure a lot of the blame could be on me for letting him have the freedom of free run of the house. He had done well and not chewed any part of the house in months so I thought it was okay letting him run free. He had the whole house except for the bedrooms and the baths.

It just sucks that I now do not feel I can let him out of the mudroom when I am not home or in bed. He literally did all of todays damage in less than 5 minutes but I will have to replace the who door frame most likely. I have never crated him unless I was cleaning his room and he was trying to fight the broom or mop. His room isn't that big anyway and it kept him from using the bathroom in his crate. Luckily he hasn't went in the house in a long time

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We always crate when away...for the protection of the home and more importantly, the bullies.
The line has been crossed and you must act accordingly. Unfortunately, crate, or continue to have issues.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Our two year old Chunky (aka.. Kevin.. but most people still call him Chunk) has been on Double Secret Probation from the day he was born. While he has never eaten a door frame.. he has destroyed a coffee table, two kitchen table chairs and a ottoman. And that's not even counting the fathomless amount of shoes, clothing and electronics (How he got that Xbox One out of the cabinet i don't know).

Lately he has some type of vendetta against Xfinity cable remotes... We are on our 6th remote. Part of the blame needs to be on the kids for not putting them away.. but i SWEAR comcast is putting some type of dog treat in these things that makes him want to destroy them!!

remote.jpg

(Luckily they sell them in '5 packs' on Ebay)

The only advice i can give you is to put your Homeowner Insurance agent's phone number on speed dial..

Great nickname and I like the Animal House reference. Maybe I should of called my Chunky "Bluto". Our Chunky's are similar in looks also

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] OMG my heart sank when I read this.....Uggggggg!!!! Joey will be a year old in a few weeks and as you know I've set her free now since February. WITH CAMERAS at all times though so that I can catch her in the act if need be. BUT she has continued to be just fine even with me being away on business and the dog sitter coming in and out of the house.

Educate me please....were there any triggers for this behavior? How long were you gone? Did she have to go to the bathroom maybe? Anything ??

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
[MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] OMG my heart sank when I read this.....Uggggggg!!!! Joey will be a year old in a few weeks and as you know I've set her free now since February. WITH CAMERAS at all times though so that I can catch her in the act if need be. BUT she has continued to be just fine even with me being away on business and the dog sitter coming in and out of the house.

Educate me please....were there any triggers for this behavior? How long were you gone? Did she have to go to the bathroom maybe? Anything ??

He was only alone this time long enough for me to take a shower and walk back out. He has been free to roam most of the house 90% of the time and I have no idea what triggered him to do that. He's been back to that spot twice since looking at it like he is about to go back to chewing it so I am watching him and keeping him close. I was hoping this wouldn't happen because I am getting ready to go back to work and wouldn't mind if he could be out of his room if I could trust him not to destroy the house or furniture. Luckily he hasn't got into furniture because I can fix the house cheaper than buy new couches

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
He was only alone this time long enough for me to take a shower and walk back out. He has been free to roam most of the house 90% of the time and I have no idea what triggered him to do that. He's been back to that spot twice since looking at it like he is about to go back to chewing it so I am watching him and keeping him close. I was hoping this wouldn't happen because I am getting ready to go back to work and wouldn't mind if he could be out of his room if I could trust him not to destroy the house or furniture. Luckily he hasn't got into furniture because I can fix the house cheaper than buy new couches

Oh man.....so you were home? Ugggggggg

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Uh oh! Chunky's in the dog house! My daughter's dog ate so many cell phones, we thought she might start ringing. She chewed through a wall and several door frames. Some dogs never grow out of the chewing phase, and wood seems to be a good choice for them. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.