Dog Sitter for Fearful/Aggressive dogs 3/4 days in June (NY - Long Island City)

Aria Ferraro

Jul 18, 2014
Long Island City, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy Igor
Hi everyone,
I hope all is well in this Spring season. If you know me and you know Ozzy's story he is a dear sweet dog that has a lot of fears and anxiety.
Has been attacked two times by two big dogs, one time was almost fatal. He has trust issues with humans and even know he seeks for friendship in other dogs, he is often mistreated. He does not like to be touched or walked to much in the streets but when we are home he is good, just follows you around and chills on his bed. I have sent him in the past to daycares when I lived in LA but being surrounded by other dogs makes him nervous and consequently he is becomes aggressive towards humans. He never bit anyone but he does lunge when in fear / usually a kick with the knee sends him away, he does not grip/bite.
I was wondering if you know anyone that would accept taking care of him, just feed him and walk him shortly 3/4 days.
Anyone who is used to dogs who are fearful.

Thank you so much for your help and have a great day!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear about your boy. I hope you can find someone to walk him, but bullies do not require a lot of exercise and if it makes him nervous, then I would not do it. Plus I would not take him to doggie day care. That will only make him more nervous or stressed. Dogs who have been through this like he has, are sometimes happy just being by themselves and their human family. I would just give him time, some peace and quiet, and hopefully in a few years he will settle down and maybe one day will trust other dogs, but I would not push it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you looked on care dot com? The are supposed to have pet services listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Sorry to hear about your boy. I hope you can find someone to walk him, but bullies do not require a lot of exercise and if it makes him nervous, then I would not do it. Plus I would not take him to doggie day care. That will only make him more nervous or stressed. Dogs who have been through this like he has, are sometimes happy just being by themselves and their human family. I would just give him time, some peace and quiet, and hopefully in a few years he will settle down and maybe one day will trust other dogs, but I would not push it.

Agreed! He needs quiet. PTSD is not just for humans! Keeping him out of stressful situations will go a long way to helping him recover from the trauma.

OP
Aria Ferraro

Aria Ferraro

Jul 18, 2014
Long Island City, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy Igor

I agree and understand. I dont know anyone that can help me walk him for these few days at home. Do you know a dog sitter that is okay with reactive dog in the NY area?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12412]Aria Ferraro[/MENTION] If I was nearer to you, I would gladly take him to my house and care for him. Always too far,when needed. There are two places-one is Care.com, as mentioned, another is Dog Vacay, I hope you can find something-even try looking on Angies List Hope you find someone who will be understanding with him.:buddies:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hi Ilaria, you can contact a private pet walking/pet sitting service. They should have trained people that are familiar with sensitive dogs that need a little extra TLC. They will probably want to feed and walk w/you there a few times, to get Ozzy used to them. It's much better for animals that don't do well at daycare/boarding to stay in their own home w/someone that comes in w/a familiar smell.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know im not in US but the only ones that would keep my German Shepherd was the RCMP bylaw. In your case its your hwy patrol. Some will have kennels and do take care of dogs that are not their K9. If they dont ask them where. They walk them and all. My GS was attacked 2x by big dogs when he was a pup. Older he was getting worse it was. he did exact same thing as yours till one day he was big enough to rip one apart and grabbed a few threw them up in the air like a kite. He didn't care if the dig was 5 lbs or 200lbs he would go without fear. Hell of a mission having dogs like that. So the only ones kept him was the bylaw. Ask any inforcement see what they have as service.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.