Words cannot describe what happened tonight...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
When one has been involved with Bulldog Rescue as long as I have you get to the point where you feel like you've seen just about everything. Every now and then that theory is tested and on rare occasion that theory is proven decisively WRONG!

The short version...
Cody, a large jowly, lanky rescue, wanders into the kitchen where Sandy sees he's dragging a long drool string, drool stick, droolsickle...whatever you call it. Sandy warns my son Ryan to watch out so not to get it on his fresh clean work clothes. As Ryan turns and moves to avoid Cody, Strikes, our quirky silly rescue, leaps out of nowhere and intercepts the drool stick with, as Ryan described it, the speed and precision of a Largemouth Bass attacking a Spinnerbait. The drool stick threat was suddenly neutralized and life returned to normal. No trace of drool was ever found.
Thank you, Strikes, for a job well done.

I'm quite sure that most here have experienced several, even many "missed opportunities" to record the funniest events in their lifetime...all thanks to our wonderful BULLDOGS.
Are we not the luckiest people in the world.
One day I'll share the saga of Hoss...but I have yet to find the words. One day, one day.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. Too funny, too bad you didn't get it on video. My Dozer always has drool hanging, and he loves to,shake his head and send it flying. Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Too funny. Harlea is more of a bubble blower that a drool stringer.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Great story. You are absolutely right when you said your theory is tested. Ours too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
What an awesome story! I'm still laughing! If you're not a writer, then I vote you quit your day job and get to it! Almost like Dave Barry... but more sophisticated! Lol!! Please tell the Hoss Saga. Please please puhleeeeeeeeeessssseeeeeeeeeee!!!:pray:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
For a moment, I thought I will be reading a sad story. Got me. Lol

Same here. The title got me. Very funny story. Has the potential to be a viral video. Would have love to watch that lol. Also waiting for the Hoss saga!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: took a bullet for his brother! :laugh:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, bullies never cease to amaze me. I always said I need a camera around my neck all the time to catch those funny moments.

Most Reactions