Collapsible Crate Recommendations

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I am looking to get a collapsible crate. Currently, I have a hard sided crate that I leave set up all the time. I need something that is more travel friendly as we have some upcoming vacations. We initially borrowed a wire crate when he was a puppy, but quickly gave it up when he got his jaw stuck.

Does anyone have any recommendation on what to get? I also need size recommendations, since I think I bought a crate that was too big. Since he only uses it for sleeping it doesn't matter right now.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We have 2 of these and they're really good.
Firstrax Noz2Noz Sof-crate

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we have a black metal wire crate that folds down flat (about 4 inches thick once down). midwest is the brand if i recall correctly couple feet by a couple more feet large

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am looking to get a collapsible crate. Currently, I have a hard sided crate that I leave set up all the time. I need something that is more travel friendly as we have some upcoming vacations. We initially borrowed a wire crate when he was a puppy, but quickly gave it up when he got his jaw stuck.

Does anyone have any recommendation on what to get? I also need size recommendations, since I think I bought a crate that was too big. Since he only uses it for sleeping it doesn't matter right now.
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] Kim, I have one that you can HAVE, it's like brand new! Joey only used it when she was little and then only slept on top for the most part :). Is it big enough?
IMG_2255.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 155

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we have a black metal wire crate that folds down flat (about 4 inches thick once down). midwest is the brand if i recall correctly couple feet by a couple more feet large

We have these too...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15285]KimDe[/MENTION] Kim, I have one that you can HAVE
Hey, that looks like the ones we have, but bigger. It's a good'un.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hey, that looks like the ones we have, but bigger. It's a good'un.
Joey only slept in it like one time so I took the photo, she was more apt to sleep on top hahahahaha They ARE very nice and I have this one that she NEVER uses. I'd love someone to be able to use it.....

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
On the Rebound would love to have it if nobody else needs it. They're great travel crates for fund-raising events. We have 2 at present and if nobody else wants it I'd be happy to pay for shipping.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
On the Rebound would love to have it if nobody else needs it. They're great travel crates for fund-raising events. We have 2 at present and if nobody else wants it I'd be happy to pay for shipping.

Absolutely! Let me see what Kim says, if she doesn't think it will work for her you're welcome to it :)

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
For anyone with the mesh sided crates, have your bullies chewed on the mesh siding? I find I can't give Fezzik his bed unless I'm with him because he will chew on it so he sleeps on blankies. I'm unsure if I could leave him in a mesh sided crate without him chewing it to bits.

He has been going through another chewing stage lately. I'm not sure if its actually a stage or he is punishing me for traveling for work.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
For anyone with the mesh sided crates, have your bullies chewed on the mesh siding? I find I can't give Fezzik his bed unless I'm with him because he will chew on it so he sleeps on blankies. I'm unsure if I could leave him in a mesh sided crate without him chewing it to bits.

He has been going through another chewing stage lately. I'm not sure if its actually a stage or he is punishing me for traveling for work.

We are lucky and Harlea doesn't chew on it or her beds. She doesn't even destroy her stuffies and just suckles them.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have had both the wire and soft-sided styles when I was showing my giant breed dogs. They're both really good for travel. The soft-sided ones are great because they're not quite so heavy. They aren't as stable. I've seen dogs roll them--intentionally! LOL! If you have a "chewer" the soft ones might not work as well. The wire cages (I used MidWest) are great, but heavier to carry. I don't think it's a huge problem with the size you need for an EB--but it was a huge disadvantage for the giant bullmastiff-sized crates!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.