Life Jackets for Bullies?

NellyBelly

Apr 15, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
Has anyone bought and used a life jacket for their bully before? I've never bought a life jacket for a dog, but I think having one for our girl is a good idea. She adores water so figure it's safer since they can't really swim. Of course we will keep a close eye on her near the lake when we go and not let her go in too far without us holding her or standing next to her raft, but just in case. Any recommendations for brands and sizes?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
x-small-11-18-lbs-girth-15-19-.jpg

I like this one from Outward Hound because it has the piece that goes under the chin to help hold the head up :) I've also heard Ruffwear Float Coat makes a good one as well! [MENTION=15846]Brian Karn[/MENTION] [MENTION=15768]NellyBelly[/MENTION]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Pippy has had 1 for years but after seeing what TyTysmom posted I'll not bother posting what it is. Clearly, live jackets/vests have improved over the years.
Keeping the chin up is paramount. I'd like to see that "Outward Hound" in action...with a bully inside it.

OP
N

NellyBelly

Apr 15, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
lol that's great

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this! Chin up is definitely important so it's good to know there are ones that do this.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.