Thunder Storms

Kristopher T

Apr 5, 2016
Presidio Texas
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Has anyone else have problem with thunder storms? We just had our first one and Rosie is not a happy camper.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
We had one this morning, and for the first time we decided NOT to sleep in. Insisted that mom get up at 4:50 AM on a sunday. How you ask--by leaping on me and then sitting on my head, and refusing to leave. But the cats didn't care, so she decided to follow their lead, and just sit on my head. Its hard to sleep in with two dogs and a cat sharing your pillow.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Lollll toooooo funny. Nyala hasn't heard that yet. But when I start my Harley she runs out the garage. :w00t:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Has anyone else have problem with thunder storms? We just had our first one and Rosie is not a happy camper.

Hi Kristopher, yes we have the same problem with Bulldozer, he's afraid of most things including Thunder storms, he is very skittish of loud noises like the vacuum, pots and pans or dishes being put in the dishwasher or putting them away, he doesn't like when traffic whizzes by, he hates motorcycle sounds, and fireworks, he even runs from blowing leaves and his own shadow. Lol. Blossom isn't bothered by much except she doesn't like the vacuum or fireworks either. Many dogs are afraid of loud sounds like thunder or fireworks. I have a friend who has a Golden Lab and every time it thunders, they have to give him a sedative type pill because he just gets beside himself, and has actually taken chunks out of the deck, and also furniture in the house. My best friend has 4 dogs, and one of them is a Blue Heeler, and Charlie is terrified of thunder and fireworks. One night last summer, he took off after he was let outside for Potty, because someone had set off some fireworks. It seems like the bigger dogs are more neurotic. Lol. I don't know whether it's because dogs ears are much more sensitive than ours, or if it's just some dogs personalities? Some things that can help are to put your dog in the basement during a thunderstorm or fireworks so they don't hear it as much, or I've heard that some people use a Thundershirt. It's a shirt that is supposed to help to calm down a dog when they are anxious or have separation anxiety.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea loves the rain but not thunder and lightening. When a storm come through she usually hops up in my lap or plops down right next to me. Sometimes she will bark at the thunder as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No issues with our guys at all.... they sleep right through it

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We've had a few come through that were sensitive to loud noises. The most sensitive was Smedley. He was all to pieces during fireworks(New Years and July 4th) and thunderstorms. We got him a thunder shirt and it helped a lot. Smedley's passed now but we have tried the T-shirt on others with mixed results. It might be worth a try.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.