ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's been 11 days since Walter's neuter, and I wanted to give you guys an update on his behaviorā€¦

He has fully recovered from his surgery, NO issues at allā€¦ it's almost like nothing happened. He has stopped attacking Willow, except for the occasional "play" nothing like what was happening about a week ago. The other day they were both playing in his bed, he was on his back and she was laying on top of himā€¦ we have not seen that type of play in MONTHS. He would absolutely NOT let her do that without losing his mindā€¦ Lol

We have also noticed the he is more loving like he was beforeā€¦ he will walk up to us for pets and "kisses" which is how he was as a puppy.

He is still having his "episodes" of growling/snapping at his butt, but we have been keeping a log and we have gone from about 6 or more a day to 3 or less. Almost nothing is happening at nighttime nowā€¦

Walter is due for his vaccines this month, so I have a list of questions for his vet regarding his spondylosis diagnosis. I plan on adding NuJoint daily and I need to make food changes for himā€¦ Hopefully ALL of these changes, plus the training will get Mr. Gator back on track!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news! It takes quite a while to all hormone levels to go down and he seems to be on the roght track. Maybe he was just being a tough guy due to rampaged hormones, like so many humans we know...I wonder :hmm:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It sounds very good [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Hope this improvement continues! I am cautiously optimistic! :yes:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I'm thinking his aggression issues were a side effect of the general anesthesia. It's very good that he's getting back to normal.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Great news!! I'm praying for continued improvement and looking forward to more updates!!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, so glad he is doing better. :)

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Yay for Wally :) glad to read this update and I hope he continues to improve

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great update.... praying he is on the beginning of the right track and all good stuff ahead for hi and YOU! :hug:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh yay! You must feel so much relief at seeing those changes already happening!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great update - best wishes to Walter!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.