Am I just lucky, or?

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
So Diesel doesn't drool. Ever. Drinking water dripping off his chin is another story, but we've had him 8 months now and I have never seen the classic bulldog drool hanging or flinging. Am I just not being patient, or am I just lucky? Not sure if it's a developmental thing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not ALL of them drool.... I have had three over the past 12 years... no drooling outside of when they want what I am eating.

OP
Brian Karn

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Maybe I'm lucky then! Yeah, not even when he is wanting whatever I may be eating. This is my first bulldog and I was under the assumption they were all drooly little gremlins. That idea didn't scare me as my last furry friend was a bassett hound and she was just a hot mess lol.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
LOL...the ability to drool is not a learned behavior. Some do, some don't. Some droolers will fling or sling their drool.
We had a bald demodex rescue in our home for nearly 6 months while his fur grew back. His name was Luke. It took no time at all for him to earn the name Loogie Luke. He'd sling them all over the cabinets, TV, walls, furniture, etc. Thankfully, I wear glasses. Months after he found a new home I found some on the cieling! They were easy enough to remove though, just rehydrate with a damp paper towel and they were like NEW!...wiped right up.
Drool puddles can be dangerous...humans can slip and fall causing extreme laughter, or injury(my knee). I've even seen the other bullies lose traction in them.

Loogie Luke getting some hair back...

OP
Brian Karn

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Loogie Luke! Bwahahaha! Love it

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
My girls doesn't drool at all either and she is almost one which I am totally ok with! She also doesn't have a lot of the typical bulldog traits, no snorting or issues breathing and is far from laid back. I guess because she is smaller I have no idea! She is my first too.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty only drools when we are fixing his food, then it is like we have turned on the tap! We always have a towel at the ready to wipe it up, as Oscarmeyer said, it is very slippery and slimy. He doesn't drool when he wants something we are eating, then it is very loud barks, and he has never, ever been fed from our plates!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Neither of mine drool either. Maybe a little after playing outside and drinking water- but other than that, pretty drool-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.